Jefferson Academy Virtual Library
Ms Boyd's 2020 Summer Reading List
Ms Boyd's Summer Virtual Office Hours
9:00am - 12:00pm - Active Instructional Time/Office Hours
Monday - Friday
*Contact Ms Boyd at JAReadersLMC@gmail.com
How Do I Log In and Helpful Apps?
Click the links below to log onto DCPS Digital Platforms
Log Into Clever To Access Digital Resources:
eBooks - Jefferson Academy Destiny Catalog
You can access through CLEVER or https://dcps.follettdestiny.com
1. Go to https://dcps.follettdestiny.com.
2. Pick your school from the drop-down menu or search for your school in the Search for Site Name box toward the top of the page.
3. Go to the top right and click Log In.
Destiny Login Information
- Librarian & Teacher log in credentials:
Username: everything before the @dc.gov email, example,
firstname.lastname@example.org, username = gary.smith
Password: 8-digit employee ID, include leading 000 if needed to make it
- Student log in credentials: (Username and Password), use information shared
4. Once logged in, go to Catalog Tab and click on Destiny Discover on the left-hand
5. Scroll down to eBooks collection (past Recently Added Books and Popular Books).
- Click “See All.”
6. At the bottom of FILTERS, left-hand column, select “Language”
(English or Spanish).
7. Click any other Filters you want. For example: Genre (Biography, Fiction, etc.).
8. Click “Checkout,” if you want to return to it later. Click “Open” to read it now.
Click “Return” when you are done with it. You can enlarge the text by using your
computer’s standard method. To move forward or backward, move the cursor to the
edge of the page and use the arrow.
9. When you are ready to read a checked-out book later, open Destiny Discover.
10. Top left, click the 3 bars (Menu bars) next to “Destiny Discover.”
11. Select “Checkouts.”
12. Remember to Click “Return” when you are finished reading the book so another
person can use it.
***eBooks are returned automatically on their due date.
Students may also access the following DCPS Digital Resources:
- Microsoft 365
- Jefferson Academy Beanstack Reading Challenge
- Epic (student code: ser0682)
- TeachingBooks.net (children/teens/teachers)
- Common Sense Education
DC Public Library Electronic Books (eBooks)
DCPS students can access eBooks from DC Public Libraries using their library card or their DC One Cards (the long barcode, not student ID number is needed).
***Apply for a DC Public Library Card Online - a temporary card will be emailed to you within minutes.
Go Digital Resources from DCPL - Middle School: https://www.dclibrary.org/godigital
o Britannica School
o Freegal Music
o Gale eBooks (mostly non-fiction)
o Proquest Black History Newspapers
o Just for Kids Access Video
o Kanopy Kids Film Collection
o Khan Academy (Math and Science Video Resources)
o Overdrive Language Learning Audiobooks
o LearnZillion (supports DCPS Social Studies Curriculum)
o Gale Literature Resource Center
o Mango Languages
o MedlinePlus (health information)
o Gale in Context (Middle School, research database)
o National Geographic Virtual Library
o Gale in Context: Opposing Viewpoints
o Overdrive Teens
o Gale Science
For Younger Children In The Home:
DC Public Library Video Books
Young children can listen and read along with BookFlix or Tumble Books through DC Public Library. https://www.dclibrary.org/kids/videobooks