Lipstick on a Pig:
PD that Brings Home the Bacon: ISTE 2016
HMW Make Connections?: Mixer
Round 1: Ding!
- What do you do by day?
- And night?
- What is your super power? (It has to be super!)
Round 2: Ding!
- Who are you/what role do you play on social media?
- Who are two must follow folks in your PLN
Round 3: Ding!
- What one book has had the most profound impact on your teaching/professional practice?
- What one book do you most wish you could discuss with the author? What would you ask?
- ___________ is my go-to handbook/guide for ____________.
What could PD look like? Hexagonal Thinking
What themes do we see in common?
Do: Hexagonal Thinking with PD in mind
1. As a whole group, we'll use the YELLOW hexagons to dream about what PD could be. Each team will record one idea per hexagon.
2. As a team, use the BLUE hexagons to 'bridge the gap' between our present truth (RED) and the dream (YELLOW). One strategy per hexagon!
3. Connect the BLUE hexagons to the RED and YELLOW to create a hexagonal map, moving from present truth to our dream for the future.
Free Time Exploration
- Check out the other teams' hexagonal maps + Yes, and!
- Bio break
- Connect with colleagues
- Books & Materials Exploration
Is it possible to over-innovate?: Thinking Routine
Culture of Thinking: Facilitated Discussions
Language Patterns - Alpacas (different than the large brown llama...)
Expectations - Hippo
Relationships - Donkey
Classroom Routines - Penguins & Polar Bear
Modeling - Zebra
Physical Environment - Skunk & Giraffe
Opportunities - Llama
Do: Facilitated Discussions
- Research assigned cultural force with group
- What types of questions might encourage reflection regarding this particular cultural force?
- Post your questions here
- Facilitate discussion on cultural force using your group created questions
- Time for individual reflection on cultural forces
- Where to go for more.. #8culchat
HMW design & implement better PD? : Design Thinking Scenarios
Design Thinking Scenarios
- Work with your team to design a PD session for the following scenario....