May 4, 2015
A Principal's Perspective
Next week is National Teacher Appreciation Week! As a campus leader, it is important to me to honor each staff member for the tremendous work that you do to educate a child. As we take time each day next week to say thank you to each GP staff member, I hope that you as an educator feel that gratitude each day throughout the school year - not just one week. What you do to shape our future is important work that can't be matched! Thank you!
2015, Bring It!
Morning Duties of the Week
Morning Assembly (7:30): E. Simpson
Gym (7:20): Brown
Cafeteria (7:20): Dungan
Bus (7:20): Leroux
Parent Drop Off Directing Traffic (7:30): Williams
Parent Drop Off (7:30): McGregor & Grant
Librarian: At GP & PC
Week at a Glance
Online Kindergarten Registration Begins!
Monday, May 4th: Relay for Life - Wear your Relay Shirts & Shorts (Relay For Life Donations - Wear your shorts day (appropriate length please); Teacher appreciation wear jeans!
Wednesday, May 6th: 2nd grade field trip to George Bush Library; Running Club at 3:15-3:45; New teacher to GP meeting with Amanda 3:30-4:30
Thursday: PTO Meeting 12:00-1:00; Discovery Day - Laser Show (see below); New Kinder Parent Tour @ 7:30 am; School Improvement Planning Team Meeting at 3:20, library; PTO Spirit Nights @ Spoons
Friday: 4th graders touring Cypress Grove: Kinder Donuts with Dad at 7:40 am; Kinder Mom Makeover at 1;30 pm; Faculty and Family Spring Party at Saddle Creek Pavilion & Pool
News & Notes
- Courtney Hunter will be moving to North Dakota over the summer! Yes way up North! We wish her well on her new adventure!
- May 1st was the first day of kindergarten registration. All new kindergarten students for next year must register on-line this year. Students that are currently attending Greens Prairie Elementary can also begin registering on-line. Parents of current GP students should receive an e-mail from the district with information on how to check their registration information, confirm the information and complete the registration for next year (this is like the packet of papers at the beginning of the year).
- We are excited about the laser light show on May 7th. Kindergarten & 1st grade will see the show at 1:00-1:40. 2nd, 3rd & 4th will see the show from 2:00-2:40. Please be in the cafeteria ready to go at the designated time. We will work with 4th grade concerning lunch times.
- The spring faculty party will be on Friday at Saddle Creek Pavilion. Please take this opportunity to bring your family for a staff fellowship. Come, relax, visit, eat and have fun. Looking forward to a great night! Kinder, 1st, 3rd & Support bring desserts. 2nd, SPED, 4th and office will bring sides. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, and drinks provided by GP Social Committee. Come on out from 6:30-9:00 pm.
- Nicole Vaughn, a freshman at Consol and daughter of Stephanie Anderson, received two awards for District 18 5A girls' soccer: First Team All District (only freshman to get it) and Newcomer of the Year. Consol Tigers made it to second round of playoffs this year.
- Jeremiah Booker, Joshua Booker's brother, was named a CSISD Education Foundation Hall of Fame Student. He honored Coach David Childers as the teacher that impacted his life.
- Chauncey Lindner, husband of Micki Lindner and English teacher at Consol, was also nominated by a former student, Tori Carraway, as a Hall of Fame Teacher.