St. Joan of Arc School News
May 28, 2020
Mark Your Calendar for These Important Changes
May 28 - 8th Grade Graduation - details below (@ 4:00)
May 29 - Last day of student/ teacher interaction for grades K-7
June 1 - Material Return and Pick Up Day - details below
June 2 - End of Year Drive By Farewell at SJA - 6:00 (rain date: June 3 @ 6:00)
June 9 - Report Cards e-mailed home
Happy Graduation, 8th Graders!
Parents of 8th Graders:
- At 4:00 PM TODAY, you will be able to view the first (and hopefully only, ever) Virtual St. Joan of Arc School 8th Grade Graduation at this link.
This morning and afternoon, a graduation celebration caravan of SJA teachers and staff, lead by Mr. Nieves and Mrs. Coulson, traveled all over Northeast Ohio, visiting each 8th grade graduate's home! The graduates were presented with their diplomas, a boxed and bowed gift from 7th Grade Room Mom Mrs. Fitzmaurice, letters that the graduates had written to themselves as second graders, yard signs, balloons, and a lot of love!
8th Grade Clap Out
One School One Book 2020
Togetherness Gift Coming Mid-June
Please click here to let us know your child's shirt size (repeat for multiple children in family).
End of Year Drive By Farewell Parade - June 2 @ 6:00
Cars will follow the morning drop off line procedure and slowly drive by your students' teachers who have missed them so much! Click the image above for a rough sketch of the plan.
Click the image above for a closer look at my Paint diagram of what the event will look like.
Mrs. Lund's DOC Field Day a Great Hit!
Material Drop Off and Pick Up - June 1
Click the image above for a link to a more detailed lay out of the drop off & pick up procedure.
On June 1st, SJA families will be coming to the school to drop off school materials; things to remember to bring include:
- Hardback textbooks
- Paperback workbooks for all subjects except religion
- Chromebooks, iPads, and their chargers
- SJA School Library and classroom library books
- Outgrown uniform garments in good condition.
- CYO uniforms that have not been turned in.
The schedule for item return and pick up is:
- 9:00-11:00 - Family Last Names A - G
- 11:00-1:00 - Family Last Names H - Pisanelli
- 2:00-4:00 - Family Last Names Poklar - Yuhas
Please take the following precautions:
1. If your child has an SJA computer:
- Do not put tech devices in bags.
- Complete one of these surveys through Google Chrome before returning the machine: Chromebook /// iPad
2. Be sure to wear a mask when entering the building. We ask that students not enter the gym unless necessary for carrying in items. Please be sure to have the student wear a mask in that event.
3. While it sounds callous, avoid handshaking, hugging, and other physical displays of affection while dropping off items at each station.
4. Third Grade Parents: if your student still has a recorder out, please be sure to bring it back in.
5. We have scheduled for each family to have approximately 5 minutes for drop off and pick up. There may be some time spent sitting in line in cars.
SJA Uniform Updates Coming
The revised SJA School Uniform is nearly complete, but not quite there. You will receive an e-mail with it within the next several days once it's completed.
SJA PTO News
Here's an important message from Outgoing PTO President, Jennifer Fritz:
On behalf of the 2019-2020 PTO Board, I would like to thank you for your support this school year! It was definitely one to remember!
The PTO Board for 2020-2021 was officially installed at the May meeting last week. Under the leadership of Jason and Christine Majors (co-Presidents) we wish them well for the upcoming year.
Have a great summer!
The SJA teachers and families send out abundant thanks and appreciation to the following PTO members whose service terms come to an end this year: Roseann Spitznagel, Jen Kler, Angie Gleine, Julianne Smith, Nicole McHale, and Katie Bittner. Their countless hours of selfless dedication to our students cannot be fully comprehended, as much of it is "behind the scenes." Your value to the school is priceless, and we are all so grateful for you giving so much time and talent to the school!
Mrs. Fritz will still be a member of the PTO as parliamentarian; she is to be commended for her steady and strong leadership as President of the PTO!
3rd Grade Recorders Must be Returned
Student Lunch Account Info Coming Soon
Help Promote SJA and Catholic Schools
During a recent principals' meeting, Superintendent of Diocese of Cleveland Schools Frank O'Linn encouraged principals to reach out to our school families to help promote our Catholic schools. If you use social media and would like to spread the good news of St. Joan of Arc School, what follows are some images and documents that you are welcome to share with your friends who have school aged children.