A proposal for PG Students during the move!
Kids deserve a strong school library program...even during the renovation!
We BELIEVE in what the PGLibrary does for teaching and learning! We need to provide the following at EACH of the temporary locations:
- a PHYSICAL "GO TO" SPACE for teachers/students
- ACCESS POINT to SELECT, ORDER, PICK UP books
- a "GO TO" PERSON to manage borrowing, ordering, purchasing books
- process for "ON DEMAND" and "ON SITE" searching
- variety of formats, levels, genres, and topics of books
- 365/24/7 access to resources via virtual platform
- opportunities for meaningful student leadership (iStaff)
- Programs to encourage interest in literature
The PG Library Team (staff and iStaff) suggests the following:
- Provide a PHYSICAL space at ALL LOCATIONS (including St. Mary's) to empower book access and support
- Provide a VIRTUAL platform via District website, LIBGUIDES, ebooks, Symbaloo, online audio books, and subscription services with access at all locations and at home
- Provide accessible storage for books to be retrieved "on demand"
- Provide on-site storage for books to be viewed/accessed in person
- Provide library staff (TA and Librarian) to integrate instruction, collaborate with elementary and HS libraries, AND manage all of the above services for students and staff for all 6 locations