A Different Stage of Sadness
By Tristan Leitz
Teen Depression in the US
According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), “In 2013, an estimated 2.6 million adolescents aged 12 to 17 in the U.S. had at least one major depressive episode in the past year. This represented 10.7 percent of the U.S. population aged 12 to 17.”
Are You Depressed?
Symptoms of Depression inculde:
- Getting an excessive of piercings and tattoos
- Getting mad about the little things
- Getting into fight with friends and family, or even just ignoring them completely
- Sleeping a lot but always feeling tired
- Having trouble thinking straight, and doing worse in school
Do you or someone you know need help?
If so, please contact Mr. Glen Wagner immediately.
A princess with a problem
Princess Diana fought a battle with depression, and she also had an eating disorder. For those who don't know, Princess Diana is the princess of Wales. After her marriage fell apart she fell into depression, and received little to no support from her family.