2017-2018 Parent Newsletter
March 9, 2018 - Issue #27
Congratulations to the following classes for earning at least 50 Golden Tickets:
- Mrs. Cook (100)
- Mrs. Rowin (100)
- Ms. De Silva
- Mrs. Williams (100)
- Mrs. Ramsey (200)
- Mrs. Ballard
- Mrs. Outlaw (100)
- Mrs. Walker
- Mrs. Hernandez
- Ms. Voisinet
Our campus-wide total is 3600!
Grade Level Totals:
First Grade: 950
Second Grade: 1100
Third Grade: 450
We have one week left to earn 900 Golden Tickets to meet our goal! I know we can reach our goal Vikings...keep showing Respectful, Responsible and Safe behavior in class and around the school!
SPRING BREAK IS MARCH 12TH-16TH!
*Updated Yearbook News
LVES yearbook proudly thanks each person who has participated in submitting pictures for yearbook as well as placing an order! We could not have a yearbook without both participating factors! We are no longer accepting photo submissions for previous school events! The only photo submissions that we will be accepting from here on out will be for the following categories which need to be sent in ASAP: LVES students in art, holding art from school, participating in PE at school, participating in music at school, participating in technology, recess, LVES school performances, Read across America week, cafeteria or classroom photos and Touch-A-Truck event coming up. Pictures for Touch-A-Truck need to be submitted the day of the event in order to make it into yearbook. LVESyearbook@gmail.com
Deadline to order a book is April 1st!
School code: 13030118 OR enter Texas, Lago Vista.
If you have not yet set up a TxConnect account, please contact Veronica Fidencio. The campus with the highest percentage of TxConnect accounts by April 20th will receive a pizza party for the staff! So far, LVES has the highest percentage..woohoo!
CEIC Meeting - March 22nd
END OF 3RD NINE WEEKS GRADING PERIOD IS FRIDAY, MARCH 23RD
PK/Kindergarten Round Up - April 24th
2018 Summer Camp Guide
For the past several years, Lago Vista ISD has put together a list of various summer learning opportunities in the Austin area that may be helpful to Lago Vista ISD parents and students who are looking for summer fun and learning options. This year, we are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Live Grow Play Austin for our 2018 Summer Camp Guide. As a result of this partnership, this year's summer camp guide is fully searchable by interest, location, date, price, etc.
To view the 2018 summer camp guide, visit:
Camp guides will also be going home in today's Friday folder.
Thank you Live Grow Play Austin for partnering with Lago Vista ISD and for providing this awesome guide for our families! It’s definitely not too soon to start thinking about what you want to do to have a great summer!
Watch DOGS of the Week
- Monday, March 19th: OPEN
- Tuesday, March 20th: OPEN
- Wednesday, March 21st: OPEN
- Thursday, March 22nd: OPEN
- Friday, March 23rd: Jose Alanis, Phil Moldrem
We have several openings in the Spring for Watch DOGS, so if you would like to be a Watch DOG at LVES, please contact Mr. Holt (email@example.com) for more information.
COLLEGE DAY IS EVERY WEDNESDAY...WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COLLEGE SHIRT!
120TH DAY IN FIRST GRADE
FFA COLORING CONTEST WINNERS
Character Trait of the Month - Trustworthiness
- Be honest;
- Don't deceive others, cheat, or steal;
- Be reliable - do what you say you will do;
- Have the courage to do the right thing;
- Build a good reputation;
- Be loyal - stand by your family, friends, and country.
Students will learn more about Trustworthiness in Guidance with Mrs. Sexton!
Hello LVES Families! The character trait we are learning about in March is Trustworthiness. Here are some ways parents can promote trustworthy behavior at home:
Model the behavior you want to see in your child and acknowledge their good behavior when you see it.
Be clear about your expectations; expect your child to do what they say they are going to do and to be honest with you.
Develop family expectations and consequences.
Explain expectations ahead of time and then use the consequences in a consistent way.
Model relationships that demonstrate honesty, integrity, promise-keeping, and loyalty.
Develop a calm, emotionally responsive and stable home environment with a proper balance of freedom and structure.
These are all great ways to support your child’s social/emotional growth!
I hope you all can have a safe and happy Spring Break!
“Moral authority comes from following universal and timeless principles like honesty, integrity, treating people with respect.” ~Stephen Covey
¡Hola familias LVES! El rasgo de carácter que estamos aprendiendo en marzo es Confiabilidad. Estas son algunas formas en que los padres pueden promover un comportamiento confiable en el hogar:
- Modele el comportamiento que desea ver en su hijo y reconozca su buen comportamiento cuando lo vea.
- Sea claro acerca de sus expectativas; espere que su hijo haga lo que dicen que van a hacer y que sea honesto con usted.
- Desarrollar expectativas y consecuencias familiares.
- Explique las expectativas con anticipación y luego use las consecuencias de manera consistente.
- Modelar relaciones que demuestren honestidad, integridad, cumplimiento de promesa y lealtad.
- Desarrolle un entorno hogareño tranquilo, emocionalmente receptivo y estable con un equilibrio adecuado de libertad y estructura.
¡Estas son excelentes formas de apoyar el crecimiento social / emocional de su hijo!
¡Espero que todos puedan tener unas vacaciones de primavera seguras y felices!
"La autoridad moral proviene de seguir principios universales y atemporales como la honestidad, la integridad, tratar a las personas con respeto.” ~Stephen Covey
Weekly Attendance Goal
Weekly Attendance for week of March 8th:
- 96% - Another increase and one percentage point away from meeting our goal! Keep it up Vikings!
Grade Level Totals:
PK: 96.84% - Awesome job meeting our attendance goal!
First Grade: 96.18%
Second Grade: 99% - AMAZING job of exceeding our attendance goal!
Third Grade: 94.95%
LVES Front Office Hours
Lago Vista Elementary PTO Facebook
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Kimberly Latham-Whitehead, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
Bus Routes and Transportation:
Jay Powell, Director of Transportation
(512) 267-8300, ext. 1508
Mark Your Calendars...
- March 12th-16th: Spring Break
- March 22nd: 2nd Grade Field Trip to Sweet Berry Farms
- March 22nd: CEIC Meeting, 3:15 pm in Community Room
- March 23rd: End of 3rd Nine Weeks
- March 29th: Touch-A-Truck
- March 29th: Report Cards go home in Friday folders
- March 30th: Student/Staff Holiday, No School
- April 4th: Perfect Attendance/Honor Roll Recognition during lunches
- April 4th: PTO Meeting, 5:00 pm in Community Room
- April 9th: Math STAAR Benchmarks, limited visitors on campus
- April 10th: Reading STAAR Benchmarks, limited visitors on campus
- April 12th: PPCD Field Trip to Sweet Berry Farm
- April 12th: GT Showcase at LVHS Mac, 6:00 pm
- April 17th: GT Field Trip
- April 20th: 2nd and 3rd Grade Field Day at LVHS track, more details coming soon
- April 24th: PK/Kindergarten Round Up; 8:00 am-6:00 pm in Science lab
- April 27th: Cinco de Mayo Celebration; LVHS, more details coming soon
- May 4th: Kindergarten and 1st Grade Field Day at LVHS track, more details coming soon