CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
We are just a few days away from Christmas Break and you can feel the energy in the building. We will be treating next week as normal school days. We do want to make it fun so we are doing theme days next week! Monday is red. Tuesday is green. Wednesday is spirit wear. I expect to see some really amazing outfits!
- I want to thank our wonderful student teachers, Lydia Roberts (Mrs. Biehle's class) and Richelle Berry (Mr. Shipley's class) for their outstanding work this semester! They came early, stayed late and lived up to the high standards we expect at CSA Lincoln. Both will be moving on to different elementary schools after Christmas Break for their second student-teaching placement.
- It is getting cold outside. We constantly remind students to put their jackets on before leaving the building at the end of the day. Despite that, we still have many who walk outside without a jacket. "It's in my backpack" is so common a response to where their jacket is that it might actually be trending online. Please remind your students to dress appropriately.
- Sports Update: Our girls will look to put a 1 in the win column tomorrow against Taylorsville Elementary School. Their game starts at 9 a.m. and the games will be played at Taylorsville Elementary School. The boys carry a 5 game win streak into Saturday as well. Let's hope they keep that streak going.
- This past Monday the BCSC School Board approved the playground project and awarded the bid to a contractor. This was the last and most important hurdle we needed to clear. I can't express enough how incredible BCSC and Dr. Roberts have been in this process. Their support has turned this dream into a reality. We have ourselves a playground! The Linden Project Committee will continue to keep you updated as things progress. BCSC was working on contracts this week and today I met with Randy Surface (BCSC Facilities) and Pam Boles (BCSC Business Office) to gain a better understanding of the purchasing process for playground equipment. Randy will be handling much of the project oversight at this point. Our "baby" is in good hands!
- We had 64 students achieve perfect attendance from September 18th-December 15th. Students that have perfect attendance will have a pizza lunch on Tuesday, December 19th, 2017.
From the Art Room-We have a "theme" every month in the art room and this month's theme is Be An Inventor. Their challenge is to create a machine or invention that helps to complete an everyday task. Lydia Bodem (5th Grade) decided to make a paint tray cleaning machine for the art room! Very creative and inventive. Video is below.
Have a great weekend,
CSA Lincoln Family Night at Kidscommons and McDonald's Restaurant Night!
PTO invites you to celebrate the New Year and our first week back to school by joining your classmates at Kidscommons! Admission is FREE to all CSA-Lincoln families from 6-8pm on Friday, January 12th. Make a night of it and swing by McDonald's on 3rd Street for dinner or a snack on your way to Kidscommons where 20% of all sales (in store or drive thru) from 5-7pm will get returned to the school! Make sure to stop inside to visit with Mr. Findley during the fundraiser. Anyone can participate in the McDonald's fundraiser so encourage your coworkers, friends, and extended family members to take a night off from cooking or to grab a coffee or ice cream during our fundraiser hours!
Staff Holiday Breakfast - Tuesday, Dec 19th
Winter Break - Dec 21, 2017 - Jan 7, 2018
CSA Lincoln Family Night at Kidscommons - Friday, January 12, 2018 6-8pm
McDonald's Restaurant Night - Friday, January 12, 2018 5-7pm
CSA Lincoln Pacers Night - Friday, March 23, 2018 (Watch for order form after Christmas Break)
BCSC Pre-K Application
Husky Gram Winners
Rudy Rue Monroy Mendez
Perfect Attendance Contest
When: September 18th- December 15th
What: Perfect Attendance means 100% of the time the student is present. This means no appointment, no tardies, and no early dismissals.
*Students with perfect attendance will be eligible to receive a special prize.
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley