October 24-November 13
From the Educators
We're in the peak season of enrollments, new volunteers, new members, and gearing up for 4-H 2022-23! With our STEP classes underway, club meetings reconvening, and our New Volunteer Orientation coming up on Nov. 1, there's nary a dull moment here at the extension center!
Keep working on getting re-enrolled or making sure your club members get re-enrolled and continue spreading the word about your club, about Interstate Exchange, about STEP Classes, and about all of the other great work 4-H is doing!
Quick enrollment tip: If you make a mistake matching the project to their club, you need to delete the project and try again! Also, don't edit your years in a project because it should automatically advance!
Since we're doing the newsletter on the 2nd and 4th Mondays, there will be a three-week period until the next one. During that time, Lena will be out of the office for most of this week and Steven will be out for Nov 3-13.
Lena and Steven
Congratulations to Addison J!
This Week (October 24-30)
- Lena Out of Office (can be reached, but not immediately): October 24-28
- Registration for Statewide Virtual Babysitters Training Due: Monday, October 24 (see below for registration details)
- Ambassadors Club Meeting: Monday, October 24 at 7PM in Extension Classroom
- Getting to Know our Valley Fossils STEP Class (ages 8-19): Friday, October 28 at 6:30PM in Extension Auditorium (register at least one day in advance, see below for details)
Next Week (October 31-November 6)
- New Leader Orientation: Tuesday, Nov 1st, 6PM-8:30PM, Extension Auditorium, Please RSVP: RSVP link
- JC 4-H Association Meeting: Wednesday, Nov 2, 6PM, Extension Classroom
- Steven Out of Office (cannot be reached): Nov 3-13
- Beef Leaders Advisory Meeting: Thursday, Nov 3, 6:30PM, Mace Building @ Expo
- Gather at the Table STEP Class (ages 5-19): Friday, Nov 4th at 6:30PM in Extension Auditorium (register at least one day in advance, see below for details)
- Hope for the Holidays Bazaar (Patriotic Livestock): Saturday, Nov 5th at 9AM-4PM, Sunday, Nov 6th at 10AM-3PM, Eagle Point High School
The Following Week (November 7-13)
- Steven Out of Office (cannot be reached): November 3-13
- CloverBuddies (ran by the Ambassadors Club!): Tues, Nov 8 @ 6PM in Extension Auditorium
- How to Train Your Dog STEP Class (ages 9-19): Thurs, Nov 10, at 6:30PM in Extension Auditorium (register at least one day in advance, see below for details)
- Veterans Day (Extension Office Closed): Friday, Nov. 11th, 2022
Information for Everyone
Interstate Exchange Needs Boys!
Historically, interstate exchange participants who participated in fundraising had the entire cost covered.
The next interest meeting is Nov. 2 from 6:30-7:30PM in the Extension Classroom! See the flyer below for more information.
Check out the upcoming classes about fossils! Does your child spend time outside looking for cool rocks? Do they have any interest in fossils? Join us on October 28th for a class on fossils and the awesome rocks and geography of our valley!
We also have upcoming classes on table setting (complete with centerpieces and napkin folding training, just in time for Thanksgiving!), dog training, macrame crafts, and many more! Register for the classes at beav.es/itr
Open to: All youth (various ages, see flyer) in Jackson County
Cost: $5, first class free with code 'FIRSTFREE', 4-H members can ask Steven for a code that makes all classes free!
Place: SOREC Auditorium
Times: see flyer
Early Enrollment Deadline ($40 per child): January 31
Enrollment Deadline for Fair Participation (price increases to $60 per child): March 15
Payment link (only pay after you have completed enrollment): https://secure.touchnet.net/C20159_ustores/web/store_main.jsp?STOREID=130&SINGLESTORE=true
Hope for the Holidays Bazaar
Poultry Project Fair Debrief
Date: November 16
Returning Dairy Goat Club!
Returning Dog Club!
Ambassadors Club is Recruiting New Members
Ages: 8th-12th Grade at time of admission to the club
Application Period: Rolling
Looking for a Poultry Club?
Our other poultry club is Full STEAM Ahead in Talent! Reach out to Lena (541-776-7371) for more information!
Klamath County Horse Event
FUN OPEN HORSE SHOW & GAMES Saturday, October 29, 2022.
Please call Kim Coleman for more information 541-891-2079
Information for Leaders
New Volunteer Orientation (Please RSVP ASAP)
- Options: Nov. 1 at 6PM-8:30PM, Jan. 25 at 10AM-12:30PM, Jan. 25 ay 6PM-8:30PM
- Location: Extension Auditorium (569 Hanley Road, Central Point, OR)
- RSVP link
Financial Forms: https://extension.oregonstate.edu/4h/jackson/volunteers
Information from State/National 4-H
State-wide Babysitter's Training, Virtual
- Registration due: October 24th
- Class Dates: Nov. 7, 9, 14, and 16, 4-5:30pm
- Ages 10+
- $10 fee (payable by check to Clatsop County Extension, 2001 Marine Drive, Rm 210, Astoria, OR 97103 or by Credit Card when you register online)
- Register at https://beav.es/iKu
International Exchange Program
Application Deadline: December 1st https://smr.to/p71518
Oregon Scholarship Application Deadline: December 1st – All Oregon 4-H members applying to travel Outbound are encouraged to apply for an Oregon Scholarship to help with costs. Completed Applications are emailed directly to: Carole Smith – email@example.com
More information can be found in the flyers below!
Community Classifieds (not endorsed by OSU, but provided as a service)
Dog Trainer Looking for a Field
Goat Needs a Home
This publication will be made available in an accessible alternative format upon request. Please contact Steven McIntyre, Education Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Oregon State University Extension Service prohibits discrimination in all its programs, services, activities, and materials on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, genetic information, veteran's status, reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).