To know God and to make Him known
- Continue to pray for next year's director and tutors -The Lord has plans for our community and I ask you to join me in prayer for those who will step out in faith to lead our community for the 2016-2017 school year.
- New Support Representative (SR formally called SM) is Kelli Smith 817-599-3998. Our Area Representative (AR formally called AM) is Dana Giring 806-928-2165.
- 2016-2017 Registration opens February 1st for returning families and March 1st for new families. Link to forms below.
Each student needs a separate Student info form but the rest of the packet is filled out once per family. Questions? Ask Alisa.
Weekly Digging Deeper @ Home
A wonderful link with step by step directions by the Half Hundred Acre Wood blogger.
Tutor & Teacher Talk
- Art was a blast today! The kids did awesome grinding up chalk and mixing it to make paint to make some awesome samples of Giotto. If you forgot your painting it will be available next week to take home. And try grinding some natural items (berries, leaves, bugs!) and see what kind of paint you can come up with.
- Several Helping Verb songs (similar to the Preposition Song that goes through the entire list) are available on CC Connected. There is no official CC song but we all learned our helping and linking verbs last year thanks to songs from CC connected.
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
Helpful Hints All Year Long
Your tutor might have mentioned "blob mapping" or might mention it in coming weeks. Here is a quick blog about what that means. We spend about 5-10 minutes a day outside of CC "drawing maps." This year my girls and I will start with Blob Mapping.
So you have a CC Connected membership but now what? A fellow CC mom has created this blog that takes you step by step with pictures through how to download songs and files to be used at home. Contact me with additional questions.
Save the Date
Dallas Symphony Orchestra
Wednesday, Jan. 20th, 10am
2301 Flora Street
Dallas Black Dance Theater II joins the DSO for this celebration of some of the greatest music ever made in America. Works include Gershwin's American in Paris and Rhapsody in Blue and Copland's iconic Hoe Down and Billy the Kid.
Parking: Access the Hall Arts Center Garage from Ross Avenue, near the corner of Ross and Crockett. Park on levels 4-7 and take the symphony elevators to the Lower Lobby.
Arrival: I'm considering that we need to meet and caravan there, watch for text details. Their directions speak of all arriving together and being seated together. We have AMAZING seats and would hate to be seated late and miss this awesome opportunity to be so up close!