directly from the castles of MacNeil and Leonard
Land of READ-A-LOT
Maidens and Lords have been exploring elements of narrative nonfiction! We shared part of a book called Chasing the Moon to China!! Students noticed most of the nonfiction text features were absent. Students are exploring the concept of main idea, details, and the big picture of books! The "Big Idea" of why the author wrote this book is slowly being revealed!!
Missions in Math
Soaring in Science
Our Kingdoms moved into the story, Galya and Natasha's Rock Adventure. This story is setting the stage for the rock replications the students will create as material engineers!
WRITING that is Worthwhile
ALL HEADS UP FOR NEXT WEEK...
- After school clubs continue next week!! This is the last week!
- The district webpage is being rebuilt...please see our third grade blog for newsletter information and classroom updates. Go to http://wcgrade3.blogspot.com!
- Every student should be reading every evening and documenting this time read on their monthly reading calendars that are kept in their JOB binders!
- We look forward to conferences the week of Thanksgiving!
- Picture retakes are Monday. Please return original pictures!
- Bus evacuation practice Tuesday!
- Bull Dog Social Groups meet on Wednesday!
- AR assembly on Friday to honor first quarter!!
- Team Jersey Day on Monday and Spirit Wear on Friday in honor of American Education Week!!