Dear Field Families...
We are about to head into Week 2! Here are some updates:
During the first week, we have been using the teacher directory located on Clever with the "First Week" icon. This was to give students easier access while they were being introduced to our new systems.
Over the course of the second week, teachers will be showing students how to access the live class meetings through their Canvas course. This is a more secure way to ensure students are with the correct teacher.
Soon, teachers will either post the recorded session or a pre-recorded mini-lesson to be accessed on your own time, if needed. The first days are for everyone to get accustomed to routines, and work out technical issues. Teachers will communicate with you once this begins for their class.
As a reminder, here are a couple things parents can do:
- Go over the schedule of rotations for the day so your student knows when / where they’ll be rotating.
- Once your student is connected in a live meeting, give them space to be independent and work with their teacher. We respectfully ask that the parents do not join the class with their child.
Monday (8/24) Distribution
This day is for all grade-level parents who have not picked up any materials yet, and for Kinder to 3rd grade parents to pick-up MLA workbooks and art bag. See below for more details.
I already came last time, what am I picking up this time?
- Kindergarten: Better Chinese Workbooks, Small Reading Books (not included in the picture), Art Bag
- 1st and 2nd grade: Better Immersion Workbooks and Art Bag
- 3rd Grade: Pinyin Workbook
- All grade-levels: Student belongings from last year (please ask your last year's teacher(s) if they will have these belongings for pick-up on Monday)
- Kindergarten: 10:30 am - 3:00 pm
- 1st - 5th grade: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
I really can't make it on that day. What can I do?
- If possible, please coordinate with another family for them to pick up materials on your behalf. A written authorization letter is needed.
- If the above is not possible, please email Dr. DeBose, Ms. Amanda, and me to schedule an appointment as staff members are not always on campus during working hours.
What do I need to bring to the pick-up?
- Sign: student name, grade-level, homeroom teacher name, ID number
Where should I park?
- At the front of the school (but you will need to walk around)
- At the side parking lot (this is closest to the entrance)
Can you give me a total list of things I'm supposed to have?
- See pictures below.
Tips for slow and lagging Chromebooks:
1. Click on this link [<--updated as of 8/25]
2. Check to see you Chromebook is up to date:
- Log into Chromebook
- Go to Settings (Bottom right hand corner)
- Click ABOUT CHROME OS
- Click CHECK FOR UPDATES
Logging onto Chromebook
Kinder students received a QR code in their bag that can be scanned from the log-in screen. Click SCAN QR CODE on the log-in screen.
Returning 1st and 2nd grade students can use their old QR code. If lost, please contact your homeroom teacher. Meanwhile, you can utilize the following information to log on:
- DEFAULT USERNAME/EMAIL:
[1st char of last name capitalized, 2nd char of last name lowercase] + [Last 4 digits of student ID] + [1st char of first name capitalized, 2nd char of first name lowercase] + [2 digit birth month] + [2 digit birth day] Example: Henry Monroy (born 08/19/2001) = Mo1234He0819@pusd.us
- DEFAULT PASSWORD:
[First letter of first name capitalized] + [First letter of last name lowercase] + [6 digit student ID]
Example: Eliud Garnica (student ID 991234) = Eg991234
If you are a new student to PUSD, you can utilize the information above to log on as well.
If you are a returning student and cannot log in, you will need to reset your password. Contact Ms. Carol or Ms. Amanda to assist.
PUSD will be providing direct support to families and students experiencing technology issues that interfere with their ability to access online instruction. To submit a ticket for support, request repairs, or to request a hotspot please visit gopusd.com/helpdesk. Our District’s helpdesk team can also assist you by email or telephone if you are unable to access the ticket system. You can reach them at (626) 396-3699 or email@example.com. Here is a video on how to submit a ticket.
Food Services Curbside
This program will be solely for the pick-up of meals and meals will not be consumed on site. This year all the PUSD schools qualify for the Community Eligibility Program (CEP) which means all students eat at “No Charge” for their meals! Our Food & Nutrition Services has gone paperless, so all the menus can be found at pusd.us or on the menu boards at each curbside pick-up.
Families can also pick-up all the meals they need at any school site. Meaning if a family has multiple children at multiple school sites, they only need to stop at one school curbside of their choice and pick up all the meals they need. It is the goal of the Food and Nutrition Department to make meals as accessible as possible for families. During this time, food is the last thing our families need to worry about.
Schedules (Click on picture below.)
From Family and Engagement
- Parent University: "How to" Tech Assistance Videos. Please visit the Family Engagement Canvas Page to access videos. Spanish videos coming soon.
- Virtual Parent University Workshop: Giving Student Assessments at Home, Grades K-2 - Discovering Unfinished Learning Using i-Ready. Presented by Curriculum Associates, Wednesday, August 19, 6:00 pm. For details and to participate, please visit the Family Engagement Canvas Page
- Virtual Parent University Workshop: Giving Student Assessments at Home, Grades 3-5 - Discovering Unfinished Learning Using i-Ready. Presented by Curriculum Associates, Thursday, August 20, 6:00 pm. For details and to participate, please visit the Family Engagement Canvas Page
From PUSD Technology Services (ITS):
- For information on Parent Portal, please visit https://www.pusd.us/Page/6203
- For a Parent Portal demo video clip, please visit our "How To" Tech Videos Canvas Page Go to the bottom of page and click on Parent Portal Account - Set Up Demo
- For quick steps on creating a Parent Portal account, please visit https://www.pusd.us/Page/8650
- Due to school closures, alternate procedures are temporarily in place for verifying a parent. when getting started with a new Parent Portal account, or linking additional students to an existing account. For instructions, please click HERE
- To reset your Parent Portal password, please visit https://www.pusd.us/Page/7867
- For help, call PUSD Innovative Technology Services (ITS) Helpdesk at 626-396-3699
- Student Chromebooks: For technical support, troubleshooting and repairs, students can submit a ticket at http://www.gopusd.com/helpdesk
- Please review PUSD 2020-21 School Opening Guide for more information on Technology