Pictures. Activities. Web-tools. Shoutouts.
December 14 - December 18, 2015
Stocking Decorating Contest Winners! #HolidaySpirit
Thanks to Cafeteria Team for being our judges. Our winners receive a Sonic drink from Ms. Dickson! Turn in your order to Ms. Coronado by Tuesday 12/15! Congrats! :)
Week Activities: C Week
Monday, Dec. 14
Potluck Staff Breakfast
-Sign up sheet for food by Mrs. Fleming's officeBrookdale
Dallas Puppet Show
-@8:30/12:30 (Inside Classrooms)
-@9:45/1:30 (Outside Classrooms)
Tuesday, Dec. 15
-PM: RoblesNimitz High School Readers
Irving Public Library Puppet Show
-@10:00 AM/2:15 PM in the Cafeteria
Wednesday, Dec. 16
-Staff may wear an ugly Christmas sweater to school
Staff Christmas Party
-@4:00-5:30 PM in the Cafeteria
Friday, Dec. 18
Happy birthday, Marisol Mercado!
-@7:30-8:30 AM in the Cafeteria
Polar Express movie
-Students and staff may wear pj's to school
Austin MS Band Christmas Performance
-@10:00 AM/12:15 PM
Classes may accumulate stars to be used for the following incentives:
15 stars – Choice of class reward (Puppet show (Ms. Aquino), story time (Ms. Fleming or Ms. Dickson can come and read a book
25 stars – Choice of class reward (DVD party, perfect attendance pencil, etc.)
40 stars – Choice of class reward (Face Painting Party, Musical Fiesta, etc.)
*To schedule Ms. Fleming or Ms. Dickson to come and read to your class or a puppet show with Mrs. Aquino, simply send us an email with a couple of day /time options and we can check our calendars!
Winter Break Shutdown:
iCreate, uCreate, we all Create!
- Every teacher is expected to meet with Mrs. Aquino for a 30 minute block to go over your iCreate idea form. You can meet in a group if it is a collaboration. Please fill out the form below if you want to meet this week.
- Projects should be completed and submitted by Friday, January 29th.
- Remember the thinking process is the important piece: Why did you do the project? Prek guideline? Thinking maps? Higher order thinking?
From Jennifer Dickson:
- To all the wonderful performances and crafts at Brookdale! I’m impressed at how hard our staff works and teaches our students to share joy with others. Great job! The residents at Brookdale get so excited when we walk in the door.
- To Ms. Fleming for working many many hours to create our chocolate sleighs! I appreciate the heart she has for our staff and students.
- For everyone who came down to help with balloons today!
- It’s great to see everyone Elfing each other and sharing holiday cheer!
From Michelle Martin:
Big Shoutouts to the Pierce Staff for always being on time for faculty meetings and completing the activities with a great attitude. Thank you for always working so hard.
From Bertha Hernandez:
- Thank you to Marisol Marcado for giving me supplies for my stocking! :)
From Aurora Orozco:
- Mrs. Fleming for helping us with our materials for our crafts to make for Brookdale. To my students they did a great job and enjoyed it.
- To the ladies in the front office for always helping and smiling and having a sense of humor for every situation!
- To our parent volunteers. Awesome!
- To Mrs. Chavira and Ms. Lara for taking care of my student during our mini trip and thank you in advance for next week!
- Ms. Dickson for giving us free jean pass all week and letting us leave early everyday next week! JUST KIDDING! Sorry just the jean pass. :)
- Pierce Pandas you rock!
From Gaby Bjelde:
A big shout out to Mrs. Huckaby for coming back to school and bringing joy to our classroom!
From Michelle Altamirano:
- Thank you Ms. Garcia for everything you do! The students and I appreciate your attitude and helpfulness. THANK YOU…THANK YOU…THANK YOU!!
From Michelle Aquino:
- Thank you for all of your positive thoughts while I was away during my exam! #loved
- Thank you for everyone who wished Jose and I a Happy Educational Technology Appreciation Day! #appreciated