Team Swatermelons Update!
iD Tech Summer 2016 #MakeAwesome
Star Wars Theme by binary_for_breakfast
Who is this "Swatermelons," anyway?
- I started with iD Tech in 2008. I directed camps at Villanova (woohoo! National Champs!), Adelphi, and Marymount Manhattan College. In 2014 I joined iD full-time as a Hiring Manager.
- The schools I manage are: Columbia, NYIT-Manhattan, Marymount Manhattan College, The Town School, Queens College, Adelphi, and NYIT-Central Islip.
- I live in Philadelphia, but root for the Mets.
- I have a pet betta fish named Ruth Betta Finsburg.
- I'm a big fan of Star Wars, Doctor Who, House of Cards, and Orange is the New Black.
- I'm in a book club with a couple of other iD Tech managers and we are reading/discussing "The Wawa Way." a book about Wawa convenience stores (which are amazing.)
- If I were a camper I would probably take one of the Lego Robotics classes.
Super Important Fun thing #1: CPR/First Aid!
Your certification is due by May 1, so please do everything you can to get it done by then. If you will not be able to get your classes done by May 1, it is SUPER IMPORTANT that you email me ASAP so I can get a note in your job account. People Services (HR) is starting to go through and marking staff that don't yet have their certifications.
Super Important Fun Thing #2: Regional Staff Training!
Super Important Fun Thing #3: Staff Corner/Staff Assignments!
Staff Corner is where our curriculum lives, where you can see fun videos, find safety info, and post to our world famous staff forums. BONUS FUN: Visit Staff Corner, go to the Forums, find the Happy Fun Squishy section and find the thread I started called Wawa: World's Greatest Store? and post a reply! Super mega shout-outs from me if you do.
Staff Assignments: The courses you have been scheduled to teach will go live at the end of May. Until then, use the Scheduling Preferences piece on your job account to see what courses I anticipate you teaching. There is a lot that can happen between now and the start of camp, so that is why we wait until we have (nearly) everything finalized.