Digital Copyright Advice
By: Olivia Heitt
Olivia's Top Ten
- When in doubt, CITE it out: Always give credit or citations for your posted sources, no matter where you find them; internet, book, lyrics, friends etc.
- Copy & paste with caution: this goes for pictures, worksheets and pages from books. Obtain the proper permission.
- Need to find the owner of a copyright? Use loc.gov to locate them.
- Do not share information from site to site without gaining the proper permission or using the proper citations; No email and link sharing without permission.
- No file sharing under any circumstances!
- Even if it's a friend, gain permission to use their personally created resources or it could spell your end: If you use any idea from a friend or classmate, make certain that they are alright with it.
- Common knowledge needs no citations!!!
- To request permission from a copyright holder visit: copyright.com
- Remove disputed materials immediately.
- Do NOT post any controversial material that may slander or offend others.