January 4, 2016
- WELCOME BACK!! I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable time off with family and friends!
- January Staff Luncheon- Rooms 4,5,6 & Kelly Myers will be hosted the January Luncheon. Mark your calendars!
- Preschool Screening Dates- Tracy is progress of planning of Mid- Year Screening dates. The following dates have been tentatively set:
Feb 29, March 1, March 3, March 4
Stay tuned for more details....
- School Crossing Guard Duty- Troy Shaw has determined that it isn't necessary for ALL of the staff on Valet Duty to wear the yellow vests. Naomi, will be the only one taking on this task. If staff ever fill in for Naomi, please wear the yellow vest.
- Progress Reports- Teachers, please be prepared to send Progress Reports home on January 14.
- Yearbooks- You will be receiving a link with instructions from Jan Jacobs soon. This year you will just need to upload your classroom photos. Jan has already put together classroom pages for each of you. These will be due February 15. Pleas see Jan with any questions.
- Teacher of the Year & Support Staff of the Year- Applications are now open and can be found online. Melissa McConnnell and Kathy Muder have sent out reminders that include the forms. They can also be found on the district website. Please share this in your communication with parents. Kathy has also placed paper nomination forms up front. Turn all forms into Kathy Muder.
- Belton Educational Foundation Grant- We already ready have TWO grants in the works and are hoping to submit a few more! If you are considering applying for a grant for an innovative classroom or building project, now is the time. As always, I encourage our staff to GO for this as it has provided Grace with some pretty amazing opportunities in the past. Ivy Nelson has offered to help with innovative technology ideas, if you're interested. Below is a link for the application.
Deadline- February 9, 2016 4:00 pm
Grants awarded on March 15, 2016.
- Belton Canvas iBSDpd- Is now OPEN! Please take a moment to login in and make sure you are able to get started. If you have any issues please reach out to Ivy Nelson ASAP.
~ Modules Open- October 16, 7am
~ Completion Deadline- April 15, 11:59pm
- Dental Screenings- ALL students will be screened. We must receive parent/guardian consent in order for them to receive the fluoride application. Screenings will take place on - January 20 from 9-11 & 1-3 (a more detailed schedule TBD)
To add to our expecting Holly Keeton- go ahead and add Kasey Westermajer and Megan Baum to the list! We are going to have THREE cute pregnant gals at Grace! Congrats to you and your families ladies!
Mary Kay Healy has recently decided to explore a new path on her journey. Her last day was the day before break- Grace wishes her well and will miss her!
January 18- No School, MLK Day
January 22- Tornado Drill, 9:00
February 4- Parent Advisory, 4:30
Block Fest, 4:30-6:30
February 5- Professional Development Day
January 9- Leighanne VillaverdeJanuary 24- Laura Linn