October 10, 2023
October 15 - Aeries Teacher passwords must be updated by this date (see info below)
October 16-20 - DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP WEEK!
October 17 - Secondary Grading Window opens
October 23 - Elementary Grading Window opens
October 26 - Secondary Grading Window closes
November 6 - Elementary Grading Window closes
Changes in Google Settings
Due to recent changes that Google made to their settings related to students who are under 18, students will no longer be able to sign in to apps that aren't on our Approved Apps list with the Google Single Sign On option. This includes signing in and using social media accounts created with their Google account, such as TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook.
Any student who has created a personal account in any application using their PUSD email should change their email address in that account to a personal email address immediately to ensure they are able to continue to use those applications. These changes will take effect by October 15, 2023.
If a device is locked, a ticket must be submitted to unlock the device.
LAST CHANCE! Teachers, update your Aeries password by 10/15!
Due to accounts that have access to student information, we need to set minimum password requirements as follow:
The updated password policy is as follows:
- Minimum 12 characters
- Minimum 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, and 1 number
- Must be significantly different from your previous password
- Do not reuse similar old passwords or use your name, username, or restricted words such as "Pasadena" or "password"
- Change password every 12 months
- Teachers will have from 9/1-10/15/2023 to reset passwords voluntarily.
- Starting 10/16/2023, new minimum requirements will be enforced. Teachers will need to change password on the next log in if they haven't updated it yet.
How to change your password:
- Log in to Aeries
- Click on your name in the top right corner
- Select Change Password
- Enter your old password, and then your new password twice to confirm.
- Please adhere to the password policy when choosing a new password.
October is Digital Citizenship Month
Celebrate Digital Citizenship week with Spirit Days and accompanying lessons! Check out the posters with more info by clicking on the links below.
Is Digital Citizenship YOUR Superpower?
Enter the Hāpara Digital Citizenship Contest for a chance to win prizes, earn recognition badges and be interviewed on the Student Voice Podcast.
Submissions can be in any medium such as a PSA, podcast, poster, infographic, song, etc. See Guidelines by clicking on the image.
Contest entries are due October 30, 2023