May 2022 : Panther Press
May Lunch Menu
Menu is subject to change based on availability.
Teacher Appreciation Week
We will be honoring all of our teachers who care very deeply about each and every student attending our school. So let's show our teachers and support staff how much we appreciate them. Feel free to have your children make a card for all of their teachers to show their appreciation.
terrace metrics screener
3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students in Kenton County will be taking the Terrace Metrics screener before 5/6/22.
- Piner 5th graders took the screener on 4/6/22.
- 4th grade students took the screener on 4/20/22.
- 3rd grade students will take the screener on 5/4/22.
Please read this document to understand more about the screener.
If your child is in person they will be taking the screener at school unless you do not want them to. You will need to fill out an opt out form if you wish for them to NOT take it. Here is the link for the opt out form. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScodJCg_sPXTdEnBrJrZcsne3j0GsokhItsEdbyTRWqJ30_1A/viewform?usp=sf_link
Please contact Mrs. Blaze if you have any questions about this.
Student Placement 22-23
Camp Twenhofel for 5th Grade Students
This message is for families with 5th grade students who plan to attend Twenhofel next school year:
The deadline to register your student to participate in Camp Twenhofel is quickly approaching! Camp Twenhofel is a 6th grade orientation event held at the school where students will get the chance to meet their teachers, explore the school and make new friends. The event will be held on Wednesday, August 10th from 8:30 – 11:30am. Please follow this link to register your child:
All registrations are due by Friday, May 6th.
Please contact Mrs. Koehler with questions at 957-0044 or you can email her at email@example.com . Thank you!
Kentucky Summative Assessment (KSA)
Kentucky has a new name for the end of the year state assessment. It is now the Kentucky Summative Assessment or KSA. This assessment is Kentucky’s measure of student proficiency and progress on the state content standards. These standards establish goals for what all students should know and be able to do in each grade. The online KSA tests go beyond just multiple-choice questions. They also include extended response questions where students create written responses as well as technology-enhanced items where students interact with the computer to demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
All 3rd - 5th grade students at Piner will be taking this online summative assessment beginning on May 9th, 2022.
Listed below are the assessments that our students will be taking in each grade level this year and the dates.
- May 9th - Quality of School Climate and Safety Survey (20 min) and Reading (115 min) – Grades 3
- May 10th - Mathematics (90 min) – Grades 3
- May 11th - Quality of School Climate and Safety Survey (20 min) and Reading (115 min) – Grade 4 & 5
- May 12th - Mathematics (90 min) – Grades 4 & 5
- May 13th - Science (90 min) – Grades 4; Social Studies (90 min) - Grade 5
- May 16th - Editing & Mechanics (45 min) and On-Demand Writing (90 min) – Grades 5
This annual assessment provides critical information about student learning, but no single assessment should ever be the sole factor in making an educational decision. It is important to remember that assessments provide only one measure of student learning, but when combined with grades, classroom activities, unit quizzes and tests, and district-level assessments, the end-of-year assessments can help provide a more complete picture of your child’s abilities over the course of the school year and path toward academic success on these content standards.
Each assessment is scheduled to be taken in the mornings May 9th - 16th. I have linked the complete testing schedule below for your reference. By working together we can make your child testing experience positive and successful. Here are some suggestions you can do to help your child succeed.
- Make sure your child gets a good nights rest.
- Have your child eat a healthy breakfast at home or here at school.
- Make sure your child is at school each day of testing and arrives to school on time.
- Gently encourage your child to do their best.
Thank you for your continued support.
No School - May 17th
PTA skate night fundraiser
KCSD Title I Programing Survey 2021 - 2022
It is the time of year again for families to provide feedback and input regarding our on Title I programming. Your feedback and input is very valuable. Please take a few minutes to complete the 2021-2022 KCSD Title 1 Parent Survey.
Last Day of School
Summer Construction Reminders
Mrs. Burris (Principal): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Thompson (Assistant Principal): email@example.com
Mrs. Bohman (FRC): firstname.lastname@example.org
Vanessa Due (Secretary): email@example.com
Save the Dates
- May 2nd - May 20th: RI (Reading Inventory) Foundational Subtest Assessment Window - Grades 1 and 2
- May 2nd - May 16th: RI (Reading Inventory) Assessment Window - Grade 3
- May 4th: Terrace Metrics Screener 3rd grade 9am
- May 9th - 26th: Kentucky Summative Assessment Testing Window (formerly known as K-Prep) - Grades 3 - 5
- May 17th: No School
- May 19th: Last Day for Preschool & Promotion at 6:00 PM
- May 19th: PTA Skate Night 6-8:30pm
- May 26th: Field Day
- May 26th: Last Day of School
- May 26th: Trimester 3 Report Cards sent home
- May 26th: 5th grade Promotion @ Twenhofel Middle School (6:00pm)
- August 15th: Redifest
- August 17th: First Day of School