August 31 Newsletter
What's Coming Up
Monday, September 3: Labor Day Holiday - No School
Tuesday, September 4: Kindergarten Begins Full Time
Friday, September 7: Crazy Sock Day
Monday, September 10:
- 5:30pm 5th Grade Parent Meeting on Washington trip (in media center)
- 6:30pm PTA Executive Meeting (in media center)
Friday, September 14: Instructional Assistant (formally known as Teacher Assistants) Appreciation Day
Wednesday, September 19: Yom Kippur Holiday - No School
Thursday, September 20: 6:30pm PTA Meeting (in Media Center)
Friday, September 28: Early Release Day with a 1:15 dismissal
1. If you have to pick up your child early, please arrive before 3:15 in order to make sure your child is able to be released safely before afternoon dismissal begins. You will pull in the bus entrance and park in the smaller side parking lot.
2. Also, if you have any transportation changes, please write a note in the morning to your child's teacher. Do not use email or Seesaw as teachers can't check these when they are teaching. If you have an emergency transportation change, you can call the office.
3. Wake County does not allow students to ride the bus to any locations, other than their approved stop. They are not allowed to ride the bus home with friends.
4. Sign up for Here Comes the Bus to track your child's school bus! (SCHOOL/DISTRICT CODE: 67500)
End of Day Transportation:
Families, please start having your child use the mode of transportation that will be their permanent way to school and from school. If they are going to ride the bus throughout the year, they need to ride the bus now so they don't lose their spot on the bus. We are providing support here at school to help them learn the arrival and dismissal systems and become familiar with their mode of transportation.
We appreciate your patients as our students are learning the new systems. We expect them to get faster as the year progresses.
Eating Lunch at Bryan Road
Regular Schedule Lunch Times
1st Grade & EC: 10:50-11:15
2nd Grade: 11:47-12:12
3rd Grade: 11:20-11:45
4th Grade: 12:15-12:40
5th Grade: 12:15-12:40
5th Grade Washington DC Family Information Meeting
If your child is in 5th grade this 2018-2019 school year at Bryan Road, please plan to attend the Information Session on Monday, September 10 (5:30-6:30pm) in the Bryan Road Media Center. The meeting will cover important information including:
* Questions & Answers
Child Nutrition Services Information
Free or Reduced LunchPlease click this link to find more information related to our free and reduced lunch program. Forms are provided in both English and Spanish and can be filled out on paper or online.
*If your child received free or reduced lunch last year, you DO need to reapply for this school year by clicking this link.
*Former Creech Road Students: Creech Road had a unique program that provided free breakfast & lunch to all students. Other schools do not qualify for this program. Students participating in the breakfast or lunch program at Bryan Road should fill out the Free & Reduced Lunch Form or bring money to purchase meals at school.
My School Bucks
Sign up for or add money to your child's cafeteria account by clicking here.
Birthdays at Bryan Road
Let your child's teacher know at least 2 days ahead if you will be bringing in treats so you both can coordinate a time for delivery. Please remember that alternatives to sweets are also great treats for the class such as: recess ball, frozen fruit bars, popcorn, book or game for classroom, etc.
Bryan Road PTA
1) Visit our PTA Website by clicking here!
Link Your Accounts & Help Our School Earn Money
Thank you to the following businesses for supporting our Open Houses!
Please visit their restaurant located at 110 Cabela Dr, Garner, NC 27529
Thank you, Garner Home Depot! 2540 Timber Dr, Garner, NC 27529
Thank you for your generous donations to several of our events! We appreciate you! 1401 Aversboro Rd #103, Garner, NC 27529
Our Community Partners Support our School, So Let's Support our Community Partners!
Bryan Road Elementary School
School hours are: 9:15 start and 3:45 dismissal.