George J. Mitchell School - Volume 2022-23 Issue VIII
Marching Into Spring!
Spring is in the air, and learning is in full swing at the Mitchell School! As you may know, this is a time of year that students make the most academic and social learning improvements. Please continue prioritizing school by having your child here and on time.
We are seeing so much progress in our students. Their increase in capacity to accomplish their academic work and improve their decision-making skills in all areas is helping them find success. We are so proud of them. I hope you know how much we care about your children, not just as students but also as the wonderful people they are.
As we wrap up the second trimester of the year…I know, can you even believe that we are almost three-quarters of the way through this year, I want to encourage us all to carry on with the energy that spring will bring.
Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. As always, we are here to help!
Lost and Found...
Every day boys and girls are leaving their coats, jackets, sweaters, hats, and lunch boxes on the school grounds. Those items without students’ names are picked up and brought to our lost and found. If your child is missing anything, please remind your child to check the lost and found area!
- Please make every effort to have your student here and on time.
- Research shows that school attendance is a baseline factor in determining student success.
- If your child is going to be absent, please call the main office at 609-296-7131 to let us know.
- Please provide a doctor's need when applicable.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Reminders
- If you are entering the school to sign your child in or out, you must park in one of the parking spaces. Do not leave your car unattended in the fire lane.
- Drop-off begins at 8:15, and the school doors close at 8:30 when our instructional time begins. If your child is dropped off after 8:30, you must sign them in at the front office.
- Parent pick-up begins at 2:50.
- Carline #1 should begin at the crosswalk along the curb of the sidewalk and continue down the shoulder of Route 539. It is essential that cars exiting the front parking lot and making a left can see oncoming traffic.
Thank you for following these procedures. They are in place for the safety of our students and staff.
Character Education Focus
Fairness entails playing by the rules, taking turns and sharing, and listening to others. We will be talking with our students and completing activities about fairness during morning meeting time.
Read Across America Week- February 27th - March 3rd
Calling All Second Grade Parents...
A Seuss-tastic Performance
Are you excited? Would you like to go?
Check out the details listed below,
then come on out and enjoy the show!
Concert and Art Show Details
Our second-grade students will perform songs based on Seussical the Musical, and their Seuss-inspired artwork will be proudly displayed.
When: Thursday, March 2nd
Where: G.J.M. Multi-Purpose Room
What time?: The show starts at 9:30, so doors will open at 9:20. Please line up on the sidewalk outside the building.
Who Can Come?: 2 people per child
Wear Yellow and Blue!
The colors for Down Syndrome awareness are blue and yellow. Wearing blue and/or yellow clothing or lighting something up with blue and yellow colors helps bring awareness to the cause.