The Great Depression
1. The Great Depression started from 1929 and ended at 1939.
2. World War II began in 1939, the year when the Great Depression ended.
3. Herbert Hoover and Franklin D. Roosevelt were the 2 Presidents when the Great Deprssion happened.
4. A horrible stock market crash and bad banking structures caused the Great Depression
5. During the Great Depression more than 2 million people were homeless.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
He was the 32nd President of the United States.
Stock market crashes!!
The newspaper about when the Stock Market offically crashed
A poor and single mother living on the streets of Washington D.C.
1. On October of 1929, the Great Depression began
2. President Roosevelt was elected to be the president of the U.S. in 1933.
3. In 1935, the Social Security Act was signed by Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Franklin D. Roosevelt was the 32nd President of the United States in 1933. He was president when the Great Depression was happening. He was so successful when he was president, he had 4 terms. He is important in the Great Depression because he passed the Social Security Act in 1935. He is also important because the Great Depression wouldn't have ended without him.