Commodus was born on August 31, 161 AD and died 192 AD when he was assassinated
He lived the longest out of all of his siblings
His parents had high standards for him because he would rule one day
He married Bruttia Crispina
- He saw himself as a reborn Hercules
- So he carried around a club and wore lion skin as a cloak
- Commodus declared himself as a living god
- 177 CE - 180 CE Augustus rules with Commodus
- 17 Mar 180 CE - 192 CE Commodus rules alone.
- He was not interested in politics and was not a good emperor
- Commodus executed many senators during his rule
- He was strangled in his sleep on December 31, 192
"Emperor Commodus." Emperor Commodus. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 May 2016.\
Hornblower, Simon, and Antony Spawforth. The Oxford Classical Dictionary. Third ed. Oxford: Oxford UP, 1996. 374. Print.
Wasson, Donald L. "Commodus." Ancient History Encyclopedia. N.p., 29 Aug. 2013. Web. 11 May 2016.