News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - November 20, 2020
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hi Warwick Bears!
On behalf of the entire Warwick staff, we would like to wish all of our families a very Happy Thanksgiving! As we continue to navigate this year together, we hope that you are able to take time next week to enjoy family time.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Giving Project update
We are hosting a food drive to collect items for families in need. Students who attend school can bring the item in to put in a classroom bin. Students who are virtual learners can participate if they choose, by dropping off items into bins we will have placed in our atrium lobby. Please return all food items no later than December 8th. Attached is the list of food items assigned to each homeroom.
We thank you again for your generosity and for sharing the spirit of giving this holiday season.
Warwick Elementary School
Virtual Academy Materials Distribution
Dear Virtual Academy Parents/Guardians,
Due to the mode changes that will take effect on December 7th, we are pushing our next materials distribution back to Wednesday, December 9th. The original distribution was scheduled to occur on December 2nd – this will not take place. An updated materials distribution schedule is attached to this e-mail. Again, our next materials distribution will be held on Wednesday, December 9th.
Thank you for your support and patience as we work together to help students continue their education from home during this extraordinary time. We wanted to tell you about one of the solutions we are offering teachers to help support virtual learning: LanSchool Air.
LanSchool Air helps teachers provide instruction and guidance to students outside of the traditional classroom. This solution includes features that:
- Allow teachers to save time by pushing a website to all student devices instantly.
- Offer instant messaging between the teacher and students, giving students the opportunity to digitally “raise their hand” to indicate they’ve finished their assignment or have a question.
- Enable teachers to view students’ screens to ensure they’re staying on track.
- Provide a way for teachers to set restrictions on the websites and apps students can visit during class time.
If you would like more information about LanSchool Air, please visit the website at Lanschoolair.com.
Thank you for all you are doing to keep your children safe and learning.
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 14 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.