CIMARRON MIDDLE SCHOOL March 2018
Dear Panther Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to March! I am excited the weather is warming up and we can all get outside. I am ready for spring! Here are a few items for you to know before we March into spring break!
First and foremost, it’s almost that time of year again…state testing! Our state tests are coming up in April and we need your help! We are in need of test monitors! If you can be a test monitor, please call and let my amazing secretary Robbi know @ 726-5501. Also, can you please be sure your student is in school every day possible during the month of April?
Absences cause additional stresses on kids during testing and we are striving to keep their daily rhythm as undisturbed as possible. If you have specific questions in regards to testing, please contact Mr. Lowe, Assistant Principal, and our Cimarron testing coordinator.
Second, registration for the 2018-2019 school year has begun! The counselors have visited with all current 7th-grade students and are about to visit with current 6th-graders about next year’s enrollment. Hopefully, you have seen enrollment information come home with your student. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your student’s counselor. If questions or concerns arise, please do not hesitate to contact us at 340-2935 or via e-mail.
As the year winds down, please continue to work collaboratively with your child’s teacher to ensure they reach their highest potential. Your continued partnership is greatly appreciated!
It is truly an honor to be the principal of Cimarron,
MEDIA CENTER NEWS
Book Donations Needed!
Donations for our Used Book Sale will be accepted April 2-13! We will be collecting books of all levels - baby through adult. Please consider cleaning out those bookshelves, closets, cabinets, and attics, and we'll turn your gently used books into brand new books for our library!
Save the Date! Used Book Sale coming to the Cimarron library April 20-25!
Have a GREAT Spring Break March 19 - 23!
FRESHMAN ENROLLMENT IMPORTANT DATE
Wednesday, March 7, 2018 (last name M - Z) 4:45 to 7:00 pm
Parent and Student Pre-Enrollment Conferences at Edmond Memorial - Freshman Academy
Freshman advisors meet individually with each student and their parents to approve and INPUT course requests. Advisors will answer individual questions regarding electives and graduation requirements. Families will be served on a first-come, first-served basis. Please bring your parent portal username and password to speed this process along. This is an important step in the enrollment process so please plan to attend.
If you missed Monday, March 5 with your alphabet, you are welcome to come on the 7th!
TEST MONITORS NEEDED!
To sign up, call Robbi Kinnaird at 726-5501. Test dates and times are:
Tuesday, April 3 - 7:50 - 9:35 and 12:30 - 2:15
Wednesday, April 4 - 7:50 - 9:35, 11:10 - 12:50, and 12:30 - 2:15
Thursday, April 5 - 7:50 - 9:35 and 12:30 - 2:15
Friday, April 6 - 7:50 - 9:35, 11:10 - 12:50, and 12:30 - 2:15
Monday, April 9 - 7:50 - 9:35 and 11:10 - 12:50
Tuesday, April 10 - 7:50 - 9:35 and 11:10 - 12:50
Wednesday, April 11 - 7:50 - 9:35 and 11:10 - 12:50
Thursday, April 12 - 7:50 - 9:35 and 11:10 - 12:50
Friday, April 13 - 7:50 - 9:35 and 11:10 - 12:50
8TH GRADE GRADUATION DATES TO REMEMBER
Monday, May 21 - Yearbook signing and clean out lockers
Tuesday, May 22 - 8th Grade Dance, 6:00 pm, Cimarron Cafeteria
Wednesday, May 23 - Last Day of School and 8th Grade Graduation, 10:30 am First Baptist Church - Students will be released for the day following graduation. Must have a parent/guardian signature.
Watch for more details in the coming months!
2018-2019 ENROLLMENT FACTS:
- 7th graders will be enrolling for 8th-grade electives on March 7th and March 8th. All 7th-grade enrollment packets must be returned by March 7th.
- The Oklahoma State Department of Health requires all students entering the 7th grade receive the Tdap booster shot. If your child has already received the Tdap, please send a copy of the updated shot record to the Cimarron office.
- All changes or updates to your child's information must be made BY YOU in Parent Portal. (e-mail, phone numbers, adding additional contacts, etc.) The only exception is an address change. Parents MUST provide the required two proofs of residence to the registrar before it can be changed in the Infinite Campus system.
Our Cimarron Food Pantry is looking for volunteers. The kiddos on the backpack program depend on the food they bring home each weekend for nourishment. We have been blessed with great volunteers over the years and are looking for a few new faces for the 2018–2019 school year.
We’re so thankful to have Sonya Loucks as the new chairperson for this next year, but she can not do it alone. If you are interested in helping weekly, biweekly, or even once a month on Fridays, please contact Sonya at 405–589–6815.
Thank you to all of our amazing volunteers who have helped the Cimmaron food pantry be a huge success! We will miss our current Co-chairs, Julie Hoff & Gena Money and thank them for the time and commitment to this worthwhile program.
Join us for our next CPTO meeting, Tuesday, April 10 at 8:45 am in the Media Center. Snacks are always provided and everyone is invited to attend!
Hope to see you there!
Lori Briggs, CPTO Co-Chair
Jennifer Fett, CPTO Co-Chair
It's Good to Know
- In the event of a school emergency/situation, Mr. Ehrich will communicate quickly to parents through the SchoolWay app. If you have a smartphone, please download this app: www.myschoolway.com, select Cimarron and set up your device for push notifications.
- If you are having problems with your Parent Portal account, e-mail: email@example.com
- Panther Pals are parent volunteers helping on a weekly basis in the workroom. Contact the CPTO to sign up!
- Pizza Day is a monthly event during lunch hosted by the CPTO. The money raised benefits Cimarron! The circle of…pizza! $1 per slice / $10 per box, $1 - Drinks
- Fun Food Friday is a twice a month sweet treat fundraiser for students. Everything is $1
- Panther Grill is a monthly luncheon for students who are nominated by their teachers for displaying a recognizable positive character trait.
- The Golden Paw/AOK Award Assembly is a monthly grade level assembly to recognize and commend students for exceptional qualities.
- Please continue to collect Box Tops. They all add up to benefit Cimarron Panthers!
- This Panther Prowl newsletter is produced monthly by Cimarron Middle School. If you have submissions, photos or suggestions, please contact Mr. Ehrich’s secretary, Robbi Kinnaird at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you.
CIMARRON MIDDLE SCHOOL
Principal Cordell Ehrich
Assistant Principal Carrie Higdon
Assistant Principal Link Lowe
School Hours - 7:50 AM - 2:40 PM
Office Hours - 7:15 AM - 3:15 PM.