Book Report on Car Trouble
Book by: Jeanne DuPrau Report By: Serenity Gurtner
1.)Duff's car breaks on the high way
2.) His car can't be fixed. He must find a way to California
3.)He found a way with one other men and he is going to CA. They have to stop to drop off a car in St. Louis.
Climax- Duff got stuck in St. Louis with Stu.
Falling Action- He gets on his way.
Resolution- He got to California on time.
The multiple places in this story show how much trouble Duff was willing to go through to get to California.
Protagonist and Antagonist and Character Traits
1. In the beginning, his car broke down and he had a choice of replacing the engine, getting a flight to California, or buying a different car.
2. He was determined to find away to get internet so he could find a way.
3. He would not stop looking for away to get to California.
1. In the beginning he took straight to Duff.
2. He introduced himself to anybody and everybody.
3. He was very talkative.
Point of View
2.) External conflict- The town he is stuck in there was no internet or ways to get a ride.
-There is always a was, you just have to hunt for it. Some ways aren't the easiest.
Duff never gave up no matter the crisis he ran into. That proves why the theme, never give up, no matter what happens, fits this book. Also, Duff constantly found away even though it wasn't the easiest. When Duff's car broke he didn't give up on finding a way to CA. he hunted for a way though it wasn't easy. That proves how both themes fit the book.