April 18, 2019
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello Roosevelt families! A few brief reminders for the week--thanks for taking the time to stay in the know.
• There will be NO SCHOOL TOMORROW, Friday, April 19. School will be in session on Monday, April 22, which is a change that has been made in District 77 due to weather closures this year.
• Coffee with the Principal: This is the LAST one of the year. Please come if you are able. Friday, April 27 at Cub Foods West. I'm there from 7:30 - 8:30 AM. It's a great opportunity to just be--casual conversation about anything, really! I would love to see you there!!
• The Roosevelt Carnival will be here before you know it! This year, it will held rain or shine on Thursday, May 16 from 5:00-7:00pm. This event simply cannot happen without many, many volunteers. Please consider helping using this online link!!! Thank you, in advance, for your willingness to help make this happen!
• MCA Testing begins next Tuesday. This is the state test given in both math and reading to students in Grades 3, 4, & 5. They are important tests, and we want all students to work their hardest and give their all...they have much to be proud of and this is one way to show what they know! Lots of sleep and a good breakfast make a big difference, so thank you in advance for helping us create the best testing environment possible.
• PTO Officers: The PTO is on the hunt for officers for next year. Please do not be shy...we need interested parents to be part of this awesome group of Roosevelt parents. Truly. It's a fun group who works together to support the staff and students at Roosevelt. Please consider this opportunity. Please email me if you'd be interested: email@example.com
• BUSING for NEXT YEAR...IMPORTANT FOR ALL: As another school year draws to a close it is time to register for school bus transportation for the 2019-2020 school year. Transportation Registration Forms will be coming home from school in the Friday folder on May 3. This form will be light pink in color. Please return the form before the end of the school year. ALL families need to complete this form, even if students do NOT ride a bus!
Students who have completed a Transportation Registration Form before August 1st will be guaranteed busing for the 1st day of school. Late registrations will likely not have bus transportation in a timely manner, and a significant number of late registrations will require the addition and changing of the bus routes that will be in place the 1st day of school, and parents will be required to transport their student until the form is processed and the bus pass received. Thank you for your timely completion of this required form.
• School Supply Kits: Please don't delay in ordering your child's school supplies for next year. If you have never done it this way...you are missing out!!! Everything (or nearly everything) you need for school supplies delivered right to the classroom in the fall! No check-out lines, no hassle! And very competitive prices. I've done this each year my kids have been in elementary school, and in my opinion, it's the only way to go. Simply go to: www.shopttkits.com and use account number: 30934. No orders will be accepted after June 3, 2019.
• MAPS Wellness Week: Please check out the awesome week that is planned for students the week of May 6. The attachment is below. Many cool things!!!!
• Rocky Time: Today's Rocky Time was our April Celebration. We kicked off the theme of PERSISTENCE, GRIT, and SELF-DETERMINATION! It's a great theme to reflect upon as we head into the last part of the year and work together to FINISH STRONG!!!
April Celebration Speaker
Melanie Schmidt from Community Rec came to speak to our Raccoons about persistence and grit. She shared the importance of doing something for three reasons: for learning, for our job, and for enjoyment! She also presented reading awards to the top MyOn readers.
MyOn Reading Winners
Wow!! These students all read more than 500 minutes in MyOn during the Blizzard Cup Challenge. Tensim was the top reader in the ENTIRE DISTRICT!! Way to go, all of you, for your commitment to reading!!!
Here are some of this month's reading winners. Way to go, Raccoons!!!! Keep it up...this could be YOU!