Ms. Kilar's Class News
Friday, September 30, 2016
- Reading: This week we read a nonfiction story, "My Librarian is a Camel," about how children living in isolated areas around the world access books. Our focus was on cause and effect in each section of the text.
- Writing: We worked on writing short fiction stories with dialogue.
- Grammar: Our focus was on punctuating dialogue and direct quotes from a text. We also learned about prefixes non, mis, and re.
- Spelling: Short i and long i
Science and Social Studies
Social Studies- We did not get to Social Studies this week, as I want to get in the necessary information on animals before our Predator Prey field trip. We will double up on this subject soon.
Science- We wrapped up our investigations and had “experts” from the class share the answers they found. Students then had the opportunity to create a “super plant” by using what they had learned about how plants could protect themselves. We started learning about what structures animals use for digestion and circulation. We read and took notes.
- Thursday, Oct. 6 - Math Test
- Thursday, Oct. 13 - Predator Prey field trip at Nubs Nob
- Friday, Oct. 28 - Field trip during science to Offield Nature Preserve
- Monday - Art
- Tuesday - P.E.
- Wednesday - Music
- Thursday - Art
- Friday -P.E.