February 2nd, 2024
- Fri 2nd Feb - NSPCC Number Day
- Fri 2nd Feb - Year 3 Trip - Gurdwara
- 5th - 16th Feb - 6MS Swimming
- Mon 12th Feb - Reception to Year 6 - Heights and Weights
- Wed 14th Feb - Valentines Disco Reception & KS1 3.45-4.30 / KS2 4.45-5.45 - see Class Dojo for more info!
- Fri 16th Feb - Break up for Half Term
- Mon 26th Feb - Back to school!
- Mon 26th Feb - Trip to Dubai - Year 6
- Mon 4th March - Children return from Dubai
- Wed 6th Mar - Year 1 Trip to the Rising Sun
- Mon 12th Mar - INTO University Workshop 5AH
- Tues 13th Mar - INTO University Workshop 5JW
- Thurs 28th Mar - Training Day - School Closed to all children
- Fri 29th Mar - Easter Holidays
- Mon 15th April - Return to school after the Easter Holidays
Whole School Attendance this week - 95.8%
We are aiming for at least 97% - let's work together to make this happen!!
Please remember that if your child is going to be absent from school you should call school before 8.30am to report this. If they are off for multiple days, you should call school each day that they are off. If your child is suffering from something such as a cough or cold we do recommend that you send them into school and see how they get on. It is amazing how many children perk up once they get into school and we can assure you that if it becomes evident that a child should not be in school we will make contact with yourself as parent/carer.
As a school, our attendance has greatly improved over the last year and this is all thanks to you and the effort you are making in getting your children into school every day.
This week we have been thinking about Candlemas through our word of the week 'Shining Light'.
Christians light candles at Candlemas to help them remember Simeon's words about Jesus. According to a New Testament gospel, a Jewish man named Simeon held the baby in his arms and said that he would be a light for the Gentiles (Luke 2:32).Christians describe Jesus as the light of the world. They try to follow the example of Jesus and live their lives as lights shining in the world.
We have been reflecting on our school Vision this week 'A place to shine … Let light shine out of darkness and God’s light shine in our hearts' 2 Corinthians ch4, v6 and how our children are given opportunities to shine and flourish in our school.