Asa Packer News
September 24, 2021
Asa Packer News
Please see below for this week's news.
Third Grade is Looking for Supplies
- Ribbon or Yarn
- Paper Plates (white)
Please see below for more PTA information.
1- If you're still interested in being part of the Asa Packer Student Directory, click here to complete our directory form: https://forms.gle/7LHMUcj48FYzJVkC8
- Even just providing an email address is helpful for students and families to connect with one another, and will assist room parents in planning class parties, class gifts and other Asa community events.
2-The annual Asa Packer Walk-a-Thon is coming back this year! Paper forms will be coming home next week but you can get a head start on collecting pledges with this link:
3- There is still time to purchase the Kidstuff coupon book that came home with your youngest child. If you wish to not purchase the book, please send it back to your child’s teacher or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4-The PTA has brought back the straw bale outdoor learning area again this year. This provides our children the opportunity to interact with nature and learn outside of the traditional classroom. In an effort to keep the bales as long as possible please discourage your children from playing on them at drop off or dismissal.
Registration Gateway Reminders
This is a friendly reminder to update your students' back-to-school information in Registration Gateway. All parents/guardians who are listed as the first contact for their students must review your students' records and sign the online forms before September 30th. For instructions to log in, please refer to the letter you received at the start of the school year. If you've misplaced your letter, you may access Registration Gateway from the BASD website Parents and Students page. Use your Home Access Center username and password. If you have any questions, please contact your student's school. Thank you, and again--the deadline is September 30th.
From Our Health Department
The majority of our students are following mask expectations each day and all day. As a reminder it is the district expectation that all students wear masks appropriately (covering their nose and mouth) while inside the school building and on buses.
Please emphasize the importance of this expectation. We need to maintain safe and consistent practices and avoid defiance issues.
This week's BASD eNews features:
- #BASDproud section - This week we are highlighting a Hanover Elementary Student
- BASD Employees Receive a Bonus for a Referral for a new staff member to the Child Care Department
- Join us for the LHS Walkathon on October 9, 2021
- Reminder that October 5, 2021 is Early Release for ALL Students
- Event on October 9, 2021 - AAUW's Equitable Funding for Fair Funding Discussion with BASD School Board President Mike Faccinetto
BASD FAMILIES - The BASD eNews features a new section with Student/Family Thank You to Teachers/Staff Members. See our first one in this edition. To send your entry, please email email@example.com.