Chapter 16 Section 3
- Central Asia consists of 5 independent republics Kazakhstan, .Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.
- The 4,000 mile journey between the Mediterranean and China is called the "Silk Road".
- The Silk Road is a major trading route that runs through China. Other than silk many other goods were traded. Such as: Gold, Silver, Ivory, Jade, Wine, Spices, Amber, Linen, Grapes and perfumes and much more.
- The economy revolves around oil and gas reserves.
- The natural resources of central Asia benefit the Economy.
- For example the Caspian Sea.
- Central Asia has a very diverse cultures.
- They have many different ethnic groups.
- These ethnic groups include; 41% Uzbek, 15% Kazakh, 12% Tajik, 12% Russian, %7 Turkmen, 6% Kyrgyz, 1% Karakalpak, 1% Tatar, 1% Ukrainian, 1% German, 4% Other.