Updates from Mrs. Froning
August 20, 2021
Oakley Park Hours: 8:55 am - 4:00 pm Monday-Friday
1st Grade Team
2nd Grade Team
3rd Grade Team
4th Grade Team
5th Grade Team
Kindergarten Staggered Start: August 25, 26, & 27
During the first week of school, all kindergarten students will begin a required comprehensive assessment to determine social and academic skills. These investigations into each individual child’s attributes are best completed in smaller settings. We also know that these smaller settings will support the social-emotional wellness of our youngest learners as they adjust to these first days of school. In order for optimal execution of these state required assessments, we will be staggering our start by alphabet in our Kindergarten classrooms August 25, 26, and 27.
Last names A-L 9:00am -12:00pm
Last names M-Z 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Reminder: Teacher/Staff Meet & Greet: Monday, August 23rd
All students are invited to attend our annual Teacher Meet & Greet from 3:00 -5:00 pm on Monday, August 23rd . NOTE: Classrooms will be open from 3:00 - 4:00 pm Students are invited to bring school supplies to the Meet & Greet to avoid having to carry extra items on the first day! Our AMAZING PTA has planned some fun activities too!
Prime Time Care
Registration for Prime Time Care/Teen Club is now open. Due to technical difficulties, registration will NOT currently be online. Please use the forms located to the right under "Resources."
To register, you will need to complete:
1. Registration form for EACH child. Due to state licensing requirements, you MUST fill it out completely (do not leave any blanks), check all applicable boxes, initial where needed, sign and date.
2. Contract for EACH child. Please write your child's name at the top, check the boxes if you choose to purchase snack and/or an Occasional Package, sign and date.
3. August and September calendar. Please print the calendar, circle all sessions you need for the months of August and September.
Return all three forms to our office WITH PAYMENT (cash, check or money order payable to WLCSD) for registration fees as well as August and September dates. You can drop them off in our 24 hour drop box or mail them. Our address is:
WLCSD Prime Time Care
850 Ladd Rd., Building D
Walled Lake, MI 48390
If using our drop box, enter off of Maple Rd. Our door is the one under the large TV screen. The drop box is located to the RIGHT of our entrance door.
Incomplete paperwork will not be processed and will be returned to you. To start using Prime Time Care/Teen Club on the first day of school, we must have your completed forms and payment returned no later than 12:00 NOON FRIDAY, AUGUST 20TH.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to Kindergarten having half days on August 25th, 26th, and 27th, they can ONLY use Prime Time as follows for those 3 days:
If your child is in the AM Kindergarten session, you may use AM Prime time ONLY
If your child is in the PM Kindergarten session, you may use PM Prime time ONLY
Register directly through CW3 Soccer at: www.cw3soccer.org/fall.
CW3 Soccer - Fall 2021 - Boys and Girls ages 4-18
Follow Community Education on Facebook to stay up-to-date on fall events. We are looking forward to seeing you at one of our After-School Adventures programs, youth recreation leagues and youth/adult enrichment classes. Visit our Class Listings page for more info!
Breakfast & Lunch Information
A Message from our Director of Food Service
We are pleased to inform you that Walled Lake Consolidated Schools will be participating in the Seamless Summer Option as part of the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs for the School Year 2021-2022.
The GREAT NEWS is that ALL students enrolled at our school can receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at NO CHARGE to your household each day. Students will still have to pay for any ala carte items.
We still need your household to fill out and sign the Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application in the online registration packet. This information is critical in determining the amount of money that our school receives from a variety of State and Federal supplemental programs like Title I A, At-risk (31a), Title II A, E-Rate, etc.
These supplemental programs have the potential to offer supports and services for our students including, but not limited to:
• Instructional supports (staff, supplies & materials, etc.)
• Non-instructional services (counseling, social work, health services, etc.)
• Professional Learning for staff
• Parent and Community engagement supplies and activities
We are asking that you please complete and submit it as soon as possible to ensure that additional funding for our school is available to meet the needs of our students. All information on the application submitted is confidential. Without your
assistance in completing and returning the attached application, our school cannot maximize the use of available State and Federal funds.
If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us at Anne Merchant at 248-956-3081 or at email@example.com.
Food Service Supervisor
Medication at School
2021-2022 Student Voluntary Accident Insurance
Back to School Registration Reminder
Please complete ASAP!
Skyward Family Access is how parents access the back-to-school packet.
A Skyward Family Access parent account is required in order to complete the Online Back-to-School Packet process for all schools. (A parent account username is alphanumeric - SMITHMAD000; a student account username is the student's ID number - 1234567.) To obtain a Family Access account, email firstname.lastname@example.org from your email account on file with the district or call 248-956-2190 (email is best). Please include ALL of the following information in the body of your message. You will be contacted within 3 business days.
- Guardian Name
- Your student name(s) and name of schools they attend in Walled Lake Schools
- Guardian's email address currently on file with the district
- Daytime phone number
Questions and Support
If you are having trouble with Back-to-School packet, please visit the Troubleshooting & FAQ page. If you are still having issues, please contact email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, the student's name, and the specific question you may have.
- Bus transportation will be provided on the first day of school for those students who are eligible for bus transportation throughout the regular school year.
- Transportation postcards will not be sent. Bus routes will be posted on the district website and in Skyward Family Access after 8:00 am on August 18, 2021.
- Bus drivers will be contacting Kindergarten families by August 20th (drop off times for students attending in the AM and pick up times for the PM students will be provided in that call.)
- If your child is eligible for bus transportation, it is recommended that they start this routine on the first day of school. Parents are welcome to follow the bus to school to see your child off to their first day of school, but it is highly recommended that they ride the bus to and from school this first day if they will be riding daily during the school year.
Important information regarding Owl Pick Up
* If you have used Owl Pick Up previously but need a replacement car number or backpack number, please email Kim Waling firstname.lastname@example.org
Preparing for the first day of school
Karen Clark, Principals Secretary
Kim Waling, Building Secretary
Main Office: 248-956-4100
Attendance Line: 248-956-4190
Prime Time Care: 248-956-4199