Media Center Minute
Minuteman HS Library Media Center, Ms. Gleason & Mrs. Bowen
March 17, 2020
Dear Minuteman Community,
As we support distance learning during these unprecedented times, much of this edition of the Minuteman High School Media Center Minute is dedicated to showcasing the 24/7 online resources of the Minuteman High School Library Media Center.
The media center recently launched its new website! This site is a work in progress and will remain under continuous development based on good ideas for the site, Minuteman's school goals, and student and instructor interests and needs. Please read on for information about access and features of the new website. We hope you will check out our online presence!
Kara Gleason, Library Media Specialist
How to Access the New Minuteman HS Media Center Website
We are excited to unveil a new look to the Minuteman library media center website! We hope that users will appreciate the updated design and features, along with 24/7 access to media center resources.
Users can reach the Minuteman High School Library Media Center website in two ways:
- By direct link: https://minutemanhs.libguides.com/mediacenter
- By traditional access: Go to www.minuteman.org, select Departments, Library, and locate the link to the new website
As we transition, students and educators will have access both the old and the new media center websites.
Teacher Tech Tools
- "Tech Tuesdays" instructional handouts and website links
- "Distance Learning Made Easy" presentation slides
- Links to online learning sites with free content
- A selection of ed-tech instructional videos
- Virtual learning professional development e-books
24/7 Access to Online Learning Resources
And There's More
- Promoting new books
- Resources for finding a good book
- Class Project Resource Guides
- Using Noodle Tools
- How to Obtain a Boston Public Library E-Card
- E-Resources at Our Member District Public Libraries
Pages coming soon include website evaluation, search tips, class project resource guides, and more.
Please Share Feedback about the New Library Media Center Website with a Two Question Survey
March is Women's History Month
There are many ways to learn more about women's history. Explore these online resources during Women's History Month and beyond.
Stay Connected with Social Media
Would any fellow Minuteman educators like to connect on Twitter and GoodReads? As a relatively new user of these social media sites, I would be happy to discuss how to get started, and to share ideas and experiences.