Warwick Winter Break Edition
December 21, 2018 - The First Day of Winter!
The Giving Project
We thank everyone for their heartfelt contributions to the tree and other parts of our Warwick Giving Project.
Our Warwick community adopted 16 families to support during this holiday season. Thanks to the generosity of our entire community, we were able to bring holiday cheer to these families!
Holiday Concerts, Boomerang & Sing-a-long
Spelling Bee Finalists
Congratulations to the following students who are finalists in the Warwick Spelling Bee:
Ashlynne H, Fiona D, Morgan L, Victoria R, Reed W, Matty F, Joanna S, and Ben R.
Zack T, Pranet J, Simi G, Anna M, Brooke M, Arya H, Hayden S, and Damian T.
The Warwick Spelling Bee will be on January 4, 2019. The school-level winner will have the opportunity to qualify for the regional Spelling Bee. Best of luck to all our finalists. We are already so proud of you!
From the Warwick Library
Winter Break Reading Bingo!
A fun way to involve the family in reading over the Winter Break!
Walking in a Winter Wonder-SPACE!
- This year, Winter starts on December 21 at exactly 5:23 p.m.
- This year's Winter Solstice coincides with a Full Moon, known as a "Cold Moon" (even though the exact full moon happens on December 22nd at 12:49 p.m.) You and your family are going to want to check it out this year because it will not happen again until 2094!
- If it is a clear night, on December 21 you will also be able to see Mercury and Jupiter!
- AND, to make the first day of Winter even more spectacular, this year you can also enjoy a meteor shower!
What a way to kick off Winter Break! If you and your family do a little moon and space gazing on December 21, please send photos to Mrs. Leatherbarrow who also will be outside with the rest of the Leatherbarrows (along with their telescope) to enjoy the show. We will add Warwick Family Winter Wonder-SPACE photos to our first Warwick Weekly of 2019!
RAIN PLAN: If the weather does not cooperate, your family can have fun still staging a photo and send it in :)
Nace, T. (2018). Winter Solstice 2018 Coincides With Both A Full Moon And Meteor Shower. Forbes. Retrieved on December 19, 2018 at https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2018/12/18/winter-solstice-2018-coincides-with-both-a-full-moon-and-meteor-shower/#350b3b6e52e6
Click here to read the newsletter shared by the CB Cares Educational Foundation.
Kindergarten Registration 2019-2020
Central Bucks School District is pleased to announce ONLINE REGISTRATION for new students. Parents and guardians will have access to a secure, convenient and user-friendly system to register a new student. Please use the link below to register.
Note: Once your registration has been approved, you will receive an email notification with a link to schedule an appointment to finalize your registration.
From the Nurse
Tis the Cold and Flue Season
Help kids stay healthy with these simple tips:
- WASH, WASH, WASH YOUR HANDS!
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink lots of fluids and eat a balanced diet - especially breakfast!
- Dress appropriately for cold weather.
Any child with the following symptoms should stay home:
- Fever 100.4 degrees or higher. A child should not come back to school until the temperature is normal for 24 hours without medication.
- Vomiting or diarrhea-cannot return until 24 hours after last vomit/diarrhea and are able to keep food down
- Frequent cough
- Any rash accompanied by a fever
- Ear pain and/or eye drainage
- Sore throat with a fever and/or rash
Please call our certified school nurse, Mrs. Shawn Pecoraio, RN, BSN, CSN, if you have any questions or would like to discuss your child's illness. Have a safe and healthy winter!
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
To view the entire Warwick calendar for this school year, click here.
SAVE THE DATES AND BOOK YOUR FAMILY GET AWAY!
PTO Great Wolf Lodge Offer
Saturday, March 30th 2019 at 12am to Sunday, March 31st 2019 at 12am
1 Great Wolf Drive
Warwick Families are invited to Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos on Saturday, March 30th to March 31st for a special discount rate of $209.00 (plus taxes & resort fee). See the PDF below for more information.
Over Break, Please Take a Moment to Enroll or Clip!
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, cal 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Please clip Box Tops and return them to school.
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week.
The artwork and lovely stories above and seen in the background of this newsletter were created by Mrs. Devine's 1st Graders.
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.