Theodore Roosevelt; The Rough Riding Trust Buster
The Rough Riding Trust Buster and his faithful steed!
Breaking up the evil schemes of trusts for the good of the nation!
Ida Tarbell; The Exposer
Public Enemy #1: The Octotrust
It began as a simple business, but it grew more and more arms as it devoured more and more of the smaller businesses around it; eventually becoming The Octotrust. The top five of the most villainous acts are listed below:
1) It built itself a monopoly, viciously cutting down the helpless, weaker competitors around it.
2) The Octotrust could control the prices for the product it's selling, undercutting the smaller businesses or gauging the people.
3) Supported anti-labor legislation and fought the unions.
4) Controlled many elections through heavy duty fundraising.
5) Put up roadblocks against the free silver movement.
"The Trust Buster [ushistory.org]." ushistory.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Mar. 2013. <http://www.ushistory.org/us/43b.asp>.
"Trusts and Anti-Trusts." Trusts and Anti-Trusts. N.p., n.d. Web. 4 Mar. 2013. <http://projects.vassar.edu/1896/trusts.html>.
recording, any journalist more interested in, and influencing events. "Ida Tarbell Life & Works." Ida Tarbell Home Page. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Mar. 2013. <http://tarbell.allegheny.edu/biobib.html>.