The Pirate August 2019
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
*Next Board Meeting is Monday September 9th @ 7 pm
(If you have any items to discuss please get on the Board Meeting Agenda 4 days before each Board Meeting.)
HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- HS Registration Monday August 12- Thursday August 15
*Parents we are trying to get all your contact information up to date so you can get ALERTS on your phone and email. Please come down and make sure we have your information correct and up to date.
- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL AUGUST 19TH. FIRST BELL RINGS @ 7:55 am
- Open House Tuesday August 20th
Welcome Back Students!!! Are you excited parents!!! It’s hard to believe that the school year 2019-20 is upon us. I hope that you are all gearing up and getting ready to go.
Here are some tips for students starting off the school year:
- Challenge yourself from the first day.
- Be yourself.
- Write everything down.
- Make use of your school planner.
- Get organized. Make some goals for yourself.
- Don’t leave things till the last minute.
- Teachers/Counselors/Administrators are here to help you.
- Get Involved!
- Don’t limit yourself to any specific area.
- Don’t be afraid to work hard.
Parents, Hagerman JH/HS want to make sure that you are involved with our school and with your children.
Here is a list of tips for parents starting off the school year:
- Please make sure that your information is updated at the front office so that you can receive the school ALERTS.
- The website and calendar will continually be updated. Please stay check the website for school information.
- If you would like information on accessing your children’s grades through PowerSchool, we are working on getting a user training sheet for parents. It will be available at the office.
- There is a HS Parent Teacher Volunteer Group that meets together once a month to discuss ideas that you would like to see at Hagerman HS. ALERTS will be sent out as reminders. Please feel free to attend and share your ideas on making Hagerman JH/SR school great.
- Get involved with your children’s education and our school.
- Please make sure you stop by and meet the Principal. I look forward to meeting all the parents.
- Get to know your children's teachers. They want all students to be successful.
Remember our mission, “To provide a safe, secure environment and quality educational opportunities which prepare our students for a life of learning and achievement.
Practice Begins August 12
First Game is Friday August 30 vs Murtaugh @ 7 pm
Practice Begins August 12
First Game is Thursday, September 5 vs Camas @ 6 pm
Junior High Volleyball
First Game Tuesday, August 27 @ 4 pm vs LHCS
Junior High Football
First Football Game Wednesday, Sept 4 @ Carey 2 pm
HOMECOMING vs Camas
Friday, Sep. 27th, 7pm
Hagerman, ID, USA
WEDNESDAY------------BBQ/CARNIVAL 6 PM
THURSDAY--------------PARADE 10 AM--SPIRIT DAY (Orange/Black)
FRIDAY-------------------(Volleyball game @ 5 PM, Football game @ 7 PM)
If you would like to enter a float, an idea, or even volunteer for the parade, please contact Mr. Wadsworth at the HS. Thank you.