East Elementary School
"Expecting Excellence Every Day"
Jan. 28th - Skating Party
Jan. 28th - Girls B-Ball Game @ Yorktown Middle @ 4:30
Jan. 28th - Feb. 1st - Pennies for Patients
Feb. 1st - AIM Club Field Trip
Feb. 5th - Girls B-Ball vs. PES-1 @ 4:30
Feb. 7th - Girls B-Ball vs. Lapel @ 5:30
Feb. 12th - Girls B-Ball @ Shenandoah @ 5:30
Feb. 13th - Yearbook Photos
Feb. 14th - Girls B-Ball vs. Mt. Vernon @ 5:00
Feb. 15th - Birthday Breakfast
Feb. 18th - School Closed for Presidents' Day
Feb. 19th - Girls B-Ball @ MRE @ 4:30
Feb. 20th - Girls B-Ball @ Fall Creek Intermediate @ 5:00
Feb. 22nd - All Pro Dads
Feb. 23rd - Father/Daughter Dance 4pm-6pm
Feb. 25th - Skating Party
Moving Forward Bus #27 will now be Bus #40
East Yearbooks on Sale Now!!
Order online at www.ybpay.lifetouch.com
Yearbook ID Code: 11075019
There are extra forms available in the office.
Yearbook Deadline is March 8th
Pennies for Patients
East Elementary Student Council
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Drive
January 28th-February 8th
Each student has received a bank to take home and collect change.Students will bring in their banks by February 8th and add it to the class bank. Students can also donate and bring in a slip with the amount donated to add to the class totals. Next week we will be selling Blood Drops for $1 and students will get a Hershey Kiss for every $1 donated.
The class who earns the most money will get a PJ & Popcorn Party!
Lunch Visitor Procedures
- Lunch visitors arriving before the beginning of the lunches will be asked to wait in the office or the lobby until the start time and then meet their student at the cafeteria.
- If visitors are planning to stay for multiple lunches and there is a gap between start times, please return to the office or lobby and wait until the next lunch begins before returning to the cafeteria.
- Any outside food should be brought for your student only. Please do not bring in extra food to share with other students.
- To protect student rights, cell phones are prohibited from being used to video or photograph students.
- A designated table for lunch visitors may be setup. Visitors and their student only may be asked to sit at this table.
Please write a note to the teacher & bus driver if there are any changes to your student's dismissal plans. If there is an emergency change, please phone the office by 2:30. Please do not leave a voicemail about transportation changes. We can not guarantee we will have time to listen to the message before dismissal.
Registration for Pendleton Jr Baseball, Softball and Champions leagues will be held from 9am to 5pm on Saturdays, February 9th and 16th at the Falls Park Community Building. Additional information is available on our website at www.pendletonjrbaseball.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wanted School Bus Drivers
Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring up to 2.75 hours in the AM and up to 2.75 hours in the PM. The school corporation provides support and paid training to help candidates meet the requirements for becoming a certified school bus driver. Substitute bus drivers are especially needed, with the possibility of qualified persons to obtain a regular route within the corporation. Current substitute bus driver rate is $17.90 per hour. Requirements: Must hold, or be willing to obtain, a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), a Passenger Endorsement, a “S” Endorsement (school bus), and an air brake endorsement.
Please contact Candy Stewart for more information.
South Madison Community School Corporation
203 S Heritage Way
Pendleton, IN 46064
765.778.2152 Ext. 1016
Important Policies and Procedures
- It is important that students be at school every day and on time. If your student will be late or will not be at school, please call the office by 9:00 a.m. at 765.779.4445 x3100. If you have not called in, the attendance dialer service will call you to inform you that your student is not at school and that we have not heard from you. To avoid a call, please call your student in.
- If your student arrives after the 8:30 bell or if you need to pick up your student early, please come into the office to sign him or her in or out. Photo ID is required to sign out a student. Only those people listed on the students’ Parent Portal will be allowed to pick up the student.
- Missed Calls from East Elementary: We understand your concern, but if you have a missed call from East, please do not call the office back as we will not know who called you. If Nurse Day calls due to an illness, she will leave a voicemail.
Bus rider students will be dismissed from the busses at 8:10 to enter the building.
Stay-in-Car students will be dropped off at the front doors at 8:10.
Bus rider students will be dismissed to the buses at 3:25
Stay-in-Car students will be dismissed at the front doors at 3:25.
- Breakfast is served each morning from 8:10 a.m.—8:25 a.m. for those students who have pre-paid or have free/reduced lunch status.
- Lunch visitors are always welcome starting September 4th.
Student Lunch Hours
1st Grade: 10:45
2nd Grade: 11:00
3rd Grade: 11:15
4th Grade: 11:40
5th Grade: 12:10
6th Grade: 12:40