Happenings Worth Hollering About
December 5, 2012
'Tis the Season
Season's Greetings everyone!
I cannot believe that we are already in the month of December! Time sure is flying!
With the holiday break quickly approaching us, we are working diligently to get our curriculum for the second quarter completed to ensure that we stay aligned with our pacing. It's easy to get caught up in all of the holiday cheer at this time of year, but we still need to make sure that all work is getting finished.
That being said, please make sure that students are still following these student procedures:
1. Homework is due on Fridays unless I have otherwise stated. I spot check ALL homework, but only one assignment per subject is graded based on accuracy and entered into the gradebook.
2. Students should still be blogging weekly. The students must now also comment on a particular blog that I post each week. This is for a grade, and the grade is based on completion and proper punctuation / grammar. www.kidblog.org/msgarris3rdgrade
3. I am still posting curriculum resources to the wiki, including math games and at-home science experiments. I have not been doing a daily journal like I was at the beginning of the year, but I am still put all of the resources that I use in the class in the appropriate folders. Please encourage your child to visit the wiki. www.garriswecs.pbworks.com
4. A class calendar is located on my class website. Please encourage your child to check the calendar regularly. We write all of the happenings in our agendas as well. https://sites.google.com/site/jgarriswecs/
5. Students should still be writing their homework in their agendas daily, and they should still be showing you their agenda to be signed. The agenda is my number one form of communication about behavior, important information, or any other notes.
Thank you for reminding your children to follow those procedures.
Here are a few housekeeping items for you:
Transportation Changes: if possible, changes should be sent by email to both myself and Barbara Meredith. In the event that I am not present and a substitute is in my place, this will ensure that your child gets home safely without any stress or confusion.
Pajama Day and Sing-a-long: December 19th students are allowed to wear pajamas. We will also be doing our annual winter sing-a-long. More information to come.
Holiday Party: party will take place December 19th from 12:30 - 1:30 pm. Clean up will be from 1:30 - 2:00 pm. I will have Ms. Faklaris, our class parent, to contact everyone with further details. We do recieve a classroom fund for the holiday party, so NO money or donations are needed.
Winter Break: out of school from December 20 - January 6. We return to school on Monday, January 7.
Emails: For some reason, my Outlook has not been letting certain emails through. I don't know why it's happening, but I've been finding some emails in my junk folder or they're loading three days after they are sent. If you send me an email and you don't hear response from me within 24 hours (excluding weekends), I might not have recieved it, so please call me, text me, or try emailing me again.
Thank you everyone for your continued support!
We wish you happy holidays and a wonderful new year!
-Ms. Garris, Nerfy, and Harry