Week At A Glance
February 14-19, 2016
If interested, please email Kim by 2/19 with track experience and any other pertinent information.
Large monitors in computer labs
FYI - The computers with large monitors can be used for ISTEP testing/etc.---after a student logs on the large font goes away.
When checking out/in the Spheros, complete the following:
- Put Spheros in their associated carrying case to transport.
- When returning the Spheros, take them out of the carrying cases and place them back on their associated stand. (numbered the same)
- Ensure that the stand is blinking which indicates charging is taking place.
Please return them after school on the day you have used them in anticipation of someone needing them the next morning. Someone could have signed up after you have left for the day intending to get them in the morning. Thank you.
HSE Teaching and Learning
In this week’s blog, Kristin Patrick, the school librarian at Brooks School Elementary writes about a need the students of our district have. Furthermore, she provides a way, with your help, of addressing this need.
The link: Windows and Mirrors
Let me make an argument for why Kristin’s words are important:
Recently, I was asked to name my favorite book. That’s a tough question. How could I possibly narrow the list? I was able to come up with two very different answers: J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and just about any book from William Faulkner’s novels of Yoknapatawpha County. The former was the book that first hooked me as a reader, and the latter simply amaze and inspire me.
For me, these books have withstood the test of time and continue to be meaningful to me. I hope you—and all of our students—have similar books, ones that stick with you and are important to you over the long haul.
Think for a minute of your own experiences with books, and then please consider helping Kristin and others provide quality resources for our students that may hook and inspire them.
Have a great week, HSE!
Your HSE Teaching and Learning Team
Jeff Harrison shared out 3 different ways to preview ISTEP content and expose students to it. They are listed below. Please get with Jessica or John if you have any questions or have trouble accessing it.
- If you would like teachers to preview the content for ISTEP you have three options:
- Go to this URL: http://download.pearsonaccessnext.com/IN/in-practice-tests-links.html (it may or may not work depending on the browser)
- Go to the lab and launch the TestNav software and click on “Practice Tests” in the lower right of the box (after clicking on Indiana if prompted)
- Have them download the TestNav app on their iPad, click Indiana when prompted and then choose “Practice Tests” in the lower right of the sign in box.
5th grade DARE Schedule for February
ISTEP Time Frames
~ Food for Thought ~
What's Happenin' at the Creek!
Saturday, February 13, 2016Happy Birthday, Miranda!!
Monday, February 15th, 2016
No School -- Presidents' Day
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
No School --Flex Day
Wednesday, February 17th, 2016 Rot. I-4
6:35-7:20am - Math Bowl
7:55-8:35am - Team 5-4 DARE (Room 522)
8:35-9:05am - Team 5-5 DARE (Room 522)
2:10-2:35pm - Band/Orchestra Fundraiser Kickoff
Thursday, February 18th, 2016 Rot. I-5
7:45-2:45 - School Improvement Team Meeting
7:55-8:35am - Team 5-6 DARE (Room 522)
2:50-3:35pm - Yearbook Club
3:00-4:00pm - Percussion Ensemble
3:15pm - Girls Bball Game @ FCI vs. SCI
Friday, February 19th, 2016 Rot. F-1
Happy Birthday, Holly!!
7:35-2:40 - Team 5-1 DARE
2:45-4:30pm - Girls Bball Practice
Saturday, February 20th, 2016
Happy Birthday, Sheila!!
FCI Miscellaneous notes
Recess Ball Cage combination: 31232