November 13th, 2015
Thanks to our second-grade teachers and Melissa L for attending our PTO meeting last night.
Great job on getting report cards finished on time! :)
Thanks to Katie Y. and those organizing American Education Week!
Thanks again to all of you participating in Readers Theater for Family Reading Night!
American Education Week
Let's Celebrate American Education Week!
High 5’s for all staff
“Fall into a Good Book” - Leaf Activity
Letters to Soldiers – optional
Wed – Luncheon in Lounge honoring Support Staff
Please promote the following activities for your students...
Monday – “Kick off to AEW!”
· Wear your favorite kicks (shoes).
Tuesday – “Learning Makes YOU Colorful”
· Wear your tie dyes or colorful clothing.
Wednesday – “Let's hear it for our Teaching TEAM”
· Wear your favorite sport’s Team gear.
Thursday – “Fall into Reading”
· Wear your P.J.’s to school.
· Family Reading Night - Take some time at home to “unplug” and read together as a family.
· Meadowview’s Family Reading Night - PTO Event (separate flyer sent home)
Friday - School Spirit Day!
· Wear Meadowview Gear or Red
Book Fair Hours
Thursday, November 19
o 11:45 am – 2:45 pm
o 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm – after Readers Theater
Friday, November 20
o 8:45 am - 2:45 pm
Monday, November 23
o 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm – during Parent-Teacher Conferences
Tuesday, November 24o 11:00 am – 4:00 pm – during Parent-Teacher Conferences
Important Information from Anne
There will be a sub in the music classroom on Thursday December 3, 2015 so music class will proceed as normal unless an exception has been noted below.
Here is my proposed rehearsal and performance schedule for the 3rd & 4th grade musical/Chorus concerts on Thursday December 3, 2015. Please let me know if there are any conflicts.
· All 5th/6th grade chorus members to the gym for rehearsal
· If possible I would like to ask a select group of Chorus members to come at 8:30 to help me with some preparations like my back drop etc.
- Only 3rd & 4th grade students with speaking parts to the gym
10:00-10:55 (3Y & 3O will not meet in the afternoon for music class this day)
· All 3rd & 4th graders come to the gym in performance order
· The rehearsal may run a little shorter than scheduled, but definitely not longer
· 3rd grade (3Y & 3O): Due to this morning’s rehearsal and the assembly performance there will NOT be an afternoon music class at your usual times.
· 4th grade (4D): Due to this morning’s rehearsal and the assembly performance there will NOT be morning music class at your usual time.
LUNCH in the classrooms
· Stacy will begin to call classes down at 1:15 in this order (Chorus, 3rd/4th , EC, K, 1, 2, 5, 6)
· Assembly performance for the school in the gym will aim to begin by 1:30
· 3rd/4th graders will sit in the back in performance order while the Chorus performs first
· Chorus kids will be ready on the risers to perform first, when they are finished they can sit in the back while the 3rd/4th graders perform
NIGHT @ Jefferson
· Students meet at Jefferson in the hallway outside of the band room
· It would be great if teachers could come at 6:10 since students tend to come a little early.
· If you do not get to Jefferson early then you will have a very hard time finding parking which will inevitably make you late. Please, please, please be there on time because it is super hard for me to manage over 100 students alone.
· Students will line up in performance order (Chorus performs first, then 3rd/4th graders)
· 3rd/4th graders will be on the floor in front of the bleachers to watch the Chorus
· If all goes well then we will enter the gym at 6:30.
Concert should conclude no later than 7:30
ELL Strategy of the Week
- Each small group has a poster with a title related to the topic of the lesson.
- Each group uses a different colored marker to write 4 to 5 strategies/activities that relate to their topic.
- Students rotate to all the other posters, reading them and adding 2 to 3 more strategies. Students discuss
- the results.
Please link your amazon account to smile.amazon.com and indicate that you want to support Meadowview PTO (Woodridge). A percent of your purchase will go to Meadowview PTO each time your order from Amazon! It took me 30 seconds to sign up!
Notes and Reminders
- Where are your anchor charts? Please make sure you post your anchor charts for reading, writing, and math. Students, especially ELLs, need them (sometimes weeks after instruction).
- We are conducting mini data reviews in PLCs where we're adjusting DEB groupings. Our new DEB groups won't start until after Thanksgiving break.
- Please review our data spreadsheet and update if necessary. Students have shown great growth (since August) in reading and math. Bravo!
- Our Mongolian BBQ Restaurant fundraiser is scheduled for December. The PTO hopes to see you there! A sign-up sheet was placed on the lounge door. This is our biggest restaurant fundraiser and we can bring in even more funds if teachers make an appearance.
- Please continue your weekly communication with parents. Thank you so much for copying me on that communication.
- Please remember that you need to complete the GCN tutorials by December. Our Organization Number is 31130 and your password, unless you have changed it, is typically your last name first initial.
Monday, November 16th
American Education Week Begins!
Admin Meeting, Reg out in AM
Monday Meeting, All Staff (Please meet in LRC)
Report Cards Sent Home
School Board Meeting, 7:30pm, JJH (Meadowview Student Council Presents Pledge)
Tuesday, November 17th
Reg out at Bullying Conference
Wednesday, November 18th
My Learning Plan Help Session, 3:00 in the LRC
Band Concert (Oktubafest) 6:30pm, JJH
Thursday, November 19th
Conferring with Readers Professional Learning, 3:00pm, LRC
Book Fair Begins
Family Reading Night
Friday, November 20th
American Education Week Ends
Mark Your Calendar...
Monday, November 23rd - Book Fair Continues
Monday, November 23rd - No School, P/T Conferences 3pm-8pm
Tuesday, November 24th - No School, P/T Conferences 11am-4pm (Book Fair Ends)
Wednesday, November 25th-Friday, November 27th - No School, Thanksgiving Break