LA Class of 2020
Saturday, May 16, 2020
Seniors are encouraged to decorate their cars, wear their cap and gown and let parents drive them through town. 5 simple guidelines to keep us all safe:
1. Line up will occur from 3-3:45 at Livingston Academy. As you enter LA, you will stop at Dale's little "guard shack" and pick up a package with your graduation regalia; it will contain any cords, medals, etc that you earned! Feel encouraged to put them on for the parade but be sure to keep up with them so you can wear them for any future graduation!
2. No one will be permitted to get out of cars at LA or along the parade route (come with car ready to go). If 2 seniors plan to ride in one car, they must arrive at LA together in that car. We ask that no more than 2 seniors ride in one car; no more than 4 people total in each car. Only cars and trucks in the parade!
3. The parade will start at 4PM promptly. Livingston City Police and Fire Department will lead your parade around the bypass, up Main Street from Wayne's Grill to the Square and on to the red light in front of McDonalds. The parade will end there with cars going whichever direction needed.
4. Parade observers are encouraged to social distance along the parade route by cheering from their cars or staying 6 foot from all other observers. We are doing a longer route to allow plenty of space for observers to maintain social distancing.
5. Smile and have some fun; share any pictures your family makes along the route and make some memories. Hopefully no other class will ever have the experience of being a senior during a pandemic so this is a unique piece of LA History that you are recording!
We will not be tossing candy given all the concerns with COVID!
We realize that this certainly does not replace graduation! It’s just a chance to celebrate! Seniors have worked for 13 years to get to this point so this is designed to give them a chance to decorate their car, celebrate a little, and let the community show their love and support the Class of 2020!
Any senior who does not have a car or family to drive them in the parade is encouraged to email email@example.com so that he/she can be paired with an LA Faculty member who will drive them in the parade.
If you have not received your cap and gown, please plan to stop by LA the week prior to this to pick it up from 8AM-10AM Monday-Friday. You will need to call the school at 823-5911 so that it can be brought out to you! If you owe a balance, you will need to pay that.