Player Early Childhood Center
Welcome Back to School!
Included in this newsletter, you will find details about our schedule changes, as well as our new daily procedures. It is our goal to keep you well-informed and support you however we can as you introduce your child to his/her first school experience.
Please make sure you read through all parts of this newsletter and fill out the the link below. This quick survey will let us know if you will return to Player School for our hybrid plan, if you will keep your child home and engage in our e-learning plan, or if you will not enroll in school this year at all.
When you are done reading the plan, please click here for the link to notify us of your decision. We will need this survey completed by Friday, August 7, 2020.
Director of Early Childhood
Player School Plan for 2020-2021
Player School will follow all safety procedures and protocol that were presented by Superintendent, Dr. Blair Nuccio in the Indian Springs School District 109 Return to School document sent to all families through the Alert Solutions. The school district plan can also be found on isd109.org website. Because of the uniqueness of our program with the younger students, Player School will have a different schedule than that of the elementary schools.
The details to our hybrid plan will be as follows:
- Player School will offer a hybrid plan with students attending school 2 days a week and participating in remote e-learning from home for 3 days a week.
- Each class will be split into Group A and Group B.
- Group A will attend school in person on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Group B will attend school in person on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- No student attendance on Mondays.
- All classes will operate at the same usual times: AM 8:15-10:45 and PM 11:45-2:15.
- The first day of in person instruction will be Tuesday, August 25th.
- Students and staff will be required to wear masks.
- Six foot distancing will be practiced as much as feasibly possible.
- Masks can be removed when outside or when eating.
- Classroom adjustments will be made to spread students out into centers.
Other details about changes to our practices will be communicated to all of you soon. We have a committee of teachers that are working closely with the Director to finalize some important pieces that will be very helpful in keeping our students and staff safe. The complete plan and details will be posted on our website player.isd109.org/ very soon.
We understand that this is a very difficult time for all of us and we want all of you to know that we are working very hard to try to offer some amount of face-to-face instruction. Some of you may welcome this information and others will not yet feel comfortable to have their children return to school. We understand that this is a very personal decision and one that only you can make. If you decide to have your child stay and home, we hope that you participate in our remote e-learning. Preschool is not mandatory so you can choose to not enroll. We only ask that if you do enroll, you make the conscious effort to stay connected with the teacher and class by engaging in the activities that the teachers will provide in the Google Classrooms. Technical support will be sent home with directions on how to access the teacher's daily postings.
Each quarter, we will review the plan to see if any adjustments can or should be made. Please know that whatever decision you make, we will honor and help you through as much as we can. If it is your decision to enroll for either the hybrid model or remote learning only, please make sure you register as soon as possible. Go to our website player.isd109.org/ and click on the registration tab.
Please feel free to reach out if you have additional questions or concerns.
Thank you so much!!