Mrs. Dixon's Weekly Enewsletter
Home to Planet Dixon's Out of this World 3rd Graders!
Week 36 June 6th-10th
Hello Planet Dixon Families!
The time is finally here next week...State Testing....and I am SO excited to see their successes!! I have seriously pumped them up because I KNOW they will do so well!! I have been modeling a growth mindset every time I talk to them about testing and I encourage all parents to do the same at home and support their children with positive excitement about their big chance to shine! Because I KNOW they will :) I've promised my scholars an extremely fun and relaxing last part of the day each day of testing and I guarantee they will love it!
A special thanks to all of you for quickly filling up our "snack bar" donations for next week! They will look forward to the yummy and healthy treats you send in to keep their brains turned on :)
Important Reminders for Testing Week:
1) Get plenty of sleep so you're awake and ready to give 100%
2) Eat a healthy, nutritious breakfast
3) Be on time! If you are a tardy and we've begun the test you have to do it in another room.
4) Be Positive and NO STRESS! You are SO ready for this! :)
Save the Date- Planet Dixon's Poetry Cafe
Wednesday, June 15th, 1:15-2pm
1615 Schoolhouse Way
San Marcos, CA
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
End of the Year Calendar of Events- Please read carefully
- June 6th - June 13th (possibly 15th depending on time needed by students)- 3rd Grade State Testing
- Friday June 10th 8 a.m.- Volunteer Appreciation Coffee Playdate- come join us on the playground with your student for a coffee playdate in appreciation for volunteering in our classroom!
- Monday June 13th- SEES Bogo (buy one get one free) Book Fair! Our class will be going Monday 11:0-11:20 so please send in money if desired.
- June 15th- 1:15-2:10 Planet Dixon Poetry Cafe- celebrating students' moms and dads for a combined mother's and father's days AND to celebrate our classroom volunteers!
- June 16th- Field Trip to Zoo- MAKE SURE TO BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH and be at school ON TIME- bus leaves 8:50 a.m.
- June 17th- Flag Salute - Soaring Eagle Award, AR Awards
- June 22nd - Last Day of School: Minimum Day