The Pirate Post
Save the Date
Jan. 24 Vision & Hearing Screening
Jan. 24 High School Presentations (for 8th grade students at LMS)
Feb. 6 No School for Students - District Professional Development Day
Feb. 15 Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-8:30 pm (In Person)
Feb. 20 No School - Presidents' Day
Feb. 21 Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-8:30 pm (In Person)
Feb. 22 High School Course Selection
Feb. 23 Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:30-8:30 pm (Virtual)
Feb. 24 Current 7th grade Course Selection
Feb. 27 & 28 Current 6th Grade Course Selection
Mar. 21 Parent Workshop: College Funding Coach 6-7:30pm
Mar. 27-31 Spring Break
Apr. 21 & 24 No School - Conference Exchange Days
May 25 Last Day for Students
Important All School Announcements
- Tuesday, January 24th: All 8th grade students will meet with local high school counselors to go over high school graduation requirements, tips and tricks for success, and share course registration information. See below for more information about upcoming 8th grade transition events in early February.
Youth & Green Business – Making Connections & Advances in Boulder County
A virtual program, Wed., Jan.25, 7:00 pm
Planet Project and the Preserving Planet Earth committee of the Boulder Rotary Club invite you to a meeting of the minds between green businesses, high school students and teachers and environmental educators. Paul Jerde, Former E.D. of CU’s Deming Center for Entrepreneurship, and Christine Berg, former Mayor of Lafayette and currently with the Colorado Energy Office will share brief thoughts about the importance of linking youth and green business opportunities. Peak to Peak HS High school student, Stella Corzine, will briefly talk about the ALL Careers approach to education - one that explicitly connects environmental knowledge and ALL Careers. These initial comments will serve as a catalyst to explore the following:
How is the ALL Careers approach being used in high schools to empower young people to be part of the creation of a green economy?
What businesses in our area are leading the charge to the development of a green economy and how might they mentor and interact with youth?
The ALL Careers Contest for BVSD high school students and teachers as well as environmental educators in Boulder County. Substantial cash prizes and recognition.
How efforts like this virtual program produced by Planet Project can further energize and encourage further sustainable actions.
Devote an hour to this fascinating discussion – you’ll be happy you did!
RSVP to Martin@EntrepreneurialEarth.com
- LMS is excited to host an evening event for parents with Marc DeBord – the College Funding Coach – on Tuesday, March 21st from 6:00-7:30pm. The presentation will be offered in-person at Louisville Middle School, as well as live streamed. This event is for any family wanting to learn how to pay for college (Preschool - High School). Please register HERE
Writing Contest Winners
Congratulations to these talented student authors!
- Under Water by Ainsley Allen
- Climb by Ryan Duda
- Now I'm Done by Paige Duff
- Forward Bound by Norah Durbin
- Mimi by Yukiko Ferguson
- One Friend, One Fake by Anna Gintchin
- Free Under a Neon Sky by Darby Merkel
- Taking Space by Addison Stites
BVSD High School Transition Nights
- Monarch: Wednesday, February 1st, 6:00-8:00 pm
- Centaurus: Thursday, February 2nd, 6:30 - 8:00 pm
- Fairview: Wednesday, February 8th, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Boulder: Wednesday, February 8th, 6:00 to 8:30pm
LMS Random Acts of Kindness Student Raffle update
Noteworthy, Ongoing and Repeat Items
- Congratulations, Pirates! We earned second place in the large schools division of the Share-a-Coat Drive sponsored by The Boulder Valley Rotary Club and Art Cleaners. More than 1,600 coats and other winter garments such as sweaters, snowsuits, hats, gloves, scarves and boots were collected through various Boulder and Broomfield County schools and businesses. These winter garments were cleaned, sorted and distributed earlier this winter to people in need.
Pirates, course selection for next school year will be happening in late February. Students will have 2 weeks to finalize class selection and will be given instructions on how to register for classes. 8th Graders, please pay attention to communication from your high school for their evening events!
Hello LMS Pirates!
Please use our website for information or feel free to reach out with anything.