A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
Week of February 18, 2020
A Message From Principal Grey
Dear Grant Community,
Our goal with the social library is to incorporate stories into our lessons that represent a diverse set of characters with different backgrounds, perspectives, and challenges. This library is also designed to give our teachers resources when their students are working on specific lessons such as the Golden Rule and growth mindset.
We will share details with you in the following weeks!
All New: Parking Raffle, 2/21 plus New Online Auction for Birthday Marquis!
Just think... next year, you could avoid the rat race at the curb and have a parking space in the staff lot!
Next Friday, February 28th, the online silent auction opens for class baskets, birthday marquee messages and teacher parties! You can set it up to let you know if you get outbid. It's a great way to participate in the auction festivities.
Grant Gala Auction Tickets Now on Sale!
Grant Gala Auction - Help Needed
*This event won't happen without volunteers. To see if you might be able to take on a task, please click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a094aada82ca6fc1-silver
*If you can help procure live auction items for Grant's biggest fundraiser of the year, please contact Jenny Reich at email@example.com
*Auction organizers are looking for donations of bottles of wine. if you rifle through your cellar (said in jest) and find a bottle or two of something you are willing to part with, please bring that fine wine to the office and we'll make good use of it!
PTA Meeting, 2/20 at 6pm
Dine & Donate - Round Table, 2/20
Adopt-a-Book Now Through 2/22--It's not too late to donate!
Adopt-a-Book is a Grant school program to replenish books in the school library.
To participate, you can either:
1) Purchase a book from Mrs.Crysdale's wish list on Amazon Grant School Library Petaluma Link: http://a.co/dRC55W6
2) Send in a check to cover the cost of a new book
3) Purchase a hardcopy of one of your personal favorites
*With your monetary donation Mrs. Crysdale will purchase a book to add to the Grant School library collection on your behalf.
*If you and your child would like to donate a new copy of one of your favorite books (rather than make a cash donation), please check with Mrs. Crysdale to be sure there will not be any duplicate titles.
*All donated books should be hardcopies for durability.
Grant Elementary Library thanks you for your support and generosity!
For Questions: Contact Librarian Alice Crysdale at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is Big, Epic, Huge Even! Grant Disco Glow, 2/22
TIDE Meeting on Tuesday, 2/25 5:30-7:30 pm in the Library
Author Visit, 3/3
Tuesday March 3rd, K through 4th graders will meet author Dev Petty. Petty is coming to Grant to introduce her new book "The Bear Must Go On. "
Your Child's Artwork on the Yearbook Cover!
- 8.5 x 11 standard white paper.
- Must include the following words clearly written in the art: GRANT ELEMENTARY YEARBOOK 2019-2020
- Must include your full name and grade on the back in pencil
- Due Date: April 3, 2020
- Submit artwork in the front office. Look for the yearbook art folder.
- Pencils, pens, crayons, markers, paint, computer graphics are all allowed. SORRY NO GLITTER
- The Yearbook cover will be voted on by our teachers. The student cover artist will receive a free yearbook and an art basket.
Draw the GRANT MASCOT. A mascot is any person, animal or object thought to bring luck to represent a group (like Grant Elementary School) with a common public identity. Example: Grant is known for the Green Shamrock.
Let your imagination run wild with your interpretation of the Grant mascot.
Every student who submits artwork will be entered into the art gift basket raffle and will have a chance to win! The winners will be announced by our principal at a May Best Assembly. HAVE FUN!
DON’T forget to purchase your Yearbook today!
Enter your school’s passcode: 1015022997383930
Please take the Intent to Return Next Year Survey!
It is already time to begin preparing for the 2020-2021 school year! By providing the information requested for each of your children, you are assisting us so that we may plan appropriately for the next school year. We will have a paper version of this form available in the office as well. Thank you for your support and participation!
Intent to return form for the 2020-2021 School Year
Revised and Final Calendar for the 2020-2021 School Year
In the Thank You Column:
- Thank you to all the parents who have contributed towards classroom gift baskets for the auction! We really appreciate everything given for Grant.
- Thank you to the 6th-grade teachers and all of the high school volunteers who went with our kids to Westminster Woods! The kids had a great time and you are so appreciated!
- Thank you to the families who have already participated in this year's Adopt-a-book.
At A Glance
February 1-22 - Adopt-a-Book
February 20- PTA Board Meeting and Association
February 20- Dine & Donate at Round Table
February 22- The Grant Disco Glow Dance 6:30-8:30
February 25- TIDE Meeting
February 24-28- Read Across America
February 24-28-Conference week (WEDNESDAY SCHEDULE)
February 28- Dr. Seuss Birthday Bash 5:30-7:30 pm
March 3- K-4th Grade at 11 AM-Author Visit
March 7- Grant Auction
March 16-20- Spring Break
March 26- PTA Board and Association Meeting (Elections)