Point View School
NEWSLETTER - Week 1 - 30 July 2021
A very warm welcome to all those who have joined Point View School at the start of this term. Jenna Darby is well-known to the school as a parent, and it is a pleasure to welcome her as the teacher of our latest New Entrant class in Room 17. Brittany Jude is also well-known at our school because she was once a student here, and now, she has joined our senior syndicate as a newly qualified teacher. What a privilege for the school to be able to continue to learn together with Brittany as she enters her chosen profession!
We are also pleased to welcome Katherine Guo who is a Bilingual Support Worker and Senaa Zainy who returns to our Learning Support Team.
Matariki has passed and so we are planning and preparing for the future. Term dates for 2022 have been approved by the Board and are published on our website Term Dates 2022.
As we consider our priorities for the future it is important for us to gain a clear picture of the present. Please help us do this by completing a short ‘Community Survey’. Links to the English and Mandarin versions of this survey are here:
We want to hear from a large sample of our community, so we encourage all caregivers in your family to have their say and fill out the survey. Be quick because we want to get the results, provide feedback and plan ahead before the end of this term!
SCHOOL DISCO - 6 AUGUST 2021 - HELP NEEDED
We are also looking for multi pack snack size chips. Any donations will be appreciated.
PRINCIPAL FOR THE DAY
Emily from Room 7 and Poppy from Room 27, both had a busy day on the last day of term. They spent time visiting classrooms, signing important documents and issuing certificates amongst other duties.
CULTURAL WEEK 2021 - 23 TO 27 AUGUST 2021
For the adults:
Do you have a cultural tradition or perhaps a traditional tale you would like to share with children at lunchtime during week 5? If you would like to help us celebrate cultural week please contact Penny Gibson email@example.com by 13 August 2021. Thank you.
For the children:
Would you like to perform at the cultural assembly or at a lunchtime during cultural week? Auditions will be held during weeks two and three.
FAMILY AND FRIENDS UPDATE
Here are some upcoming events:
- Friday 6 August - School Discos - Junior Disco 5:45pm to 7:15pm and Senior Disco 7:30pm to 9:00pm in the school hall.
- Saturday 13 November - Colour Run and Family Picnic
Our next meeting is at 2pm on Tuesday 3 August 2021 in the upper staffroom. Everyone is welcome - parents and grandparents - so come along and meet the team.
SOMERVILLE INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL 2022 ENROLMENTS
Both in zone and out of zone enrolment applications are now being accepted for prospective students wishing to enrol for 2022. All enrolments application forms are available online which at www.somervilleintermediate.school.nz.
- Completed in zone enrolment applications, including supporting documentation, are to be submitted by Monday 16 August 2021.
- Enrolments for out of zone students will close at 4.00 pm on Wednesday 1 September 2021. Late applications cannot go into the ballot. The ballot will be held on Wednesday 8 September 2021, and written notification to all applicants will be emailed and posted by Friday 10 September 2021.
If you have any queries regarding our new enrolment process or need further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
TIME TO ENROL FOR 2022
In Zone Enrolment - If you have a child starting school this year or in 2022 and haven’t already enrolled them please go to the School's website to complete the Online application. Please let your friends or family who live in zone and have children due to start school know to apply online.
Out of Zone Siblings - if you live outside the school zone and already have a child at Point View School, any brother or sister of that student who is turning 5 years old in 2022 needs to complete the online out of zone ballot application to go in the draw in October.
Please note that enrolment is not automatic for out of zone siblings, they MUST take part in the ballot process.
HELP NEEDED IN THE LIBRARY ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY MORNINGS
If you can spare an hour a week and would enjoy shelving books and keeping our wonderful library tidy please contact Rosie Curtis at: email@example.com.
ROAD PATROL HELP STILL NEEDED
We urgently need help with the crossing on Kilkenny Drive on Tuesday mornings from 8:20am till 8:50am and on Wednesday afternoons from 2:50pm till 3:20pm.
We have no parents help to supervise the crossing at the moment. If you can help please contact us in the office firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a very important role as it involves the safety of all our students.
ALL STUDENTS MUST BE WEARING THEIR FULL WINTER UNIFORM - more information is on the school website
- Monday 2 August 2021 to Friday 13 August 2021 - Tread lightly - please see the notice sent to your class last term for your date and time.
- Tuesday 3 August 2021 - Family and Friends Meeting in the Upper staffroom at 2pm
- Wednesday 4 August 2021 - Room 25 and 27 - Maritime Museum Trip
- Thursday 5 August 2021 - Girls Football Field Day
- Friday 6 August 2021 - Room 21 and 22 - Maritime Museum Trip
- Friday 6 August 2021 - School disco in the school hall - Juniors from 5:45pm to 7:15pm and Seniors from 7:30pm to 9:00pm.
- Tuesday 10 August 2021 - APPA year 6 Choir Rehearsal
- Wednesday 11 August 2021 - Room 18 - Maritime Museum Trip