Make, Create, Innovate!
What is a Makerspace?
Why use a Makerspace?
- foster play and exploration (inquiry and questioning)
- support opportunities for learning (gives them choice and ownership in their learning)
- nurture peer to peer learning and collaboration
- develop a culture of creating (hands on)
- uses STEAM skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math)
- promotes multiple ways to solve problems
- allow students to practice perseverance in day to day learning.
- encourages student reflection in the process of making
- allows for students to embrace failure as a means for heading toward success.
What do you put in a MakerSpace?
Your MakerSpace can be high-tech or no-tech!
- 3D printer
- MaKey MaKey
- iPads with production apps
- LED lights
- Snap Circuits
- Dash and Dot Robots
- Craft supplies
- Plastic materials
- Collage materials
- Rainbow Loom
- Knitting and crochet supplies
- Attribute blocks
Navigating the Playroom
You can get more information at each table by scanning the qr code or by clicking on the links below. Have fun tinkering!