Weekly News & Notes - February 10th - 14th
Upcoming Events . . .
- Family Fitness Night - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
February 12th - 13th:
- Happy Valentine's Day!!!
- President's Day - School Holiday
- Grade 1 - Spotlight on the Arts - 6:30 PM
- Grade 2 - Spotlight on the Arts - 7:30 PM
- Grade 5 - Field Trip/Moland House
- Home & School Association Bingo Night - 7:00 PM
Read Across Titus . . .
Titus Reading Specialists and teachers throughout the building are beginning to plan for the 2nd annual celebration of reading known as "Read Across America Day." This year Titus will be celebrating the day on Monday, March 3rd. In conjunction with Read Across America Day, we will be hosting a book swap/exchange. Our goal is for students to have an opportunity to replace their gently used books with newer titles. Here is how it will work . . .
- February 10th - 24th students are asked to bring in gently used books specific to their grade level/age (a 4th grader should bring in books that may interest another 4th grader.) Those books can be placed in the appropriate boxes in the rotunda. We are encouraging each child to bring between 2-4 books if possible. At the higher levels, chapter books are appreciated.
- On March 3rd (or before) we ask that each child bring in a monetary donation (as little as $1.00) which they can use to exchange for books when their class visits the "swap/exchange." The money collected will be used to fund Titus' summer reading program.
Family Fitness Night . . .
The Family Fitness Night at Titus Elementary School has been rescheduled for Monday, February 10th. The event will run from 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM in the Titus Dining Room. There will be three exercise sessions that evening (1) ZUMBA from 6:30-7:00 (2) UXF (Ultimate Fitness Experience) from 7:15-7:45 and (3) YOGA 8:00-8:30. Hope you can join us for some fun and heart healthy activities. For more information please contact Mrs. Williams.
Book Dedications . . .
Why dedicate a book to the Titus Library?
- To celebrate a birthday
To honor a family member or friend
To say “thank you” to a teacher
To remember someone special
For your donation of $20, we will order a book for you, place a book plate in the book with your message on it, notify the person in whose honor it was given, and allow your child to be the first to check it out. The dedication form can be found on the Titus web site, and if you have any questions please feel free to contact Mrs. Moore, Titus librarian.
Drive for Education . . .
PSSA Parent Information . . .
Home & School Association:
A BIG Thank You . . .
We held the Titus K-3 Carnival on Friday, January 31st. Over 150 students enjoyed face painting, dancing, and playing carnival games! We also had a balloon twister from Hi-Note Party adding to the fun. A special thanks to Joe Kirby and Weinrich¹s Bakery for donating delicious cupcakes for the event. Thank you to all of our volunteers. We couldn¹t have done it without you!
- Parent Volunteers: Stephanie Boyne, Judy Curtis, Megen Endrick, Amy Hughes, Pam Long, Anne Magliaro & Megan Scavillo.
- Titus student Volunteers: Bridget Curtis, Dana Durkin, Alyssa Endrick, Kylie Hughes, Tori Scavillo & Olivia Schilling.
- Titus Student Advisory Committee Volunteers: Marrisa Carroll, Lily Cherrin, Julia Cooper, Aaron Fromal, Jillian Heilig, Diane Kim, Shawn Kirby, Maddie Pearce, Kate Veith &Chris Woltjen.
Rachel Collachi & Nicole Schilling
K-3 Event Chairpersons
Box Tops . . .
We collected 7,003 Box Tops for the month of January. A huge thankk you to everyone for continuing to support our efforts.
Congratulations go to Miss Braksator’s 4th grade class for sending in the highest number of Box Tops with 817! Don't forget, the "Make Your Own Sundae" contest will continue until the end of February. Every 10 Box Tops submitted will earn the class a ticket in the raffle box. We will draw the winning ticket on the morning announcements the first week of March. The class with the winning ticket will win an ice cream sundae party.