Camp Learn A Lot
April 10, 2016
I can't wait to get back to school for these last 37 days because they are jam-packed with learning and fun. We'll meet a real-life author, write and publish our own novels, hatch chicks in our classroom, create a seed-dispersal device during Project Lead the Way, and so much more. I hope everyone had a great break and I'm looking forward to seeing my favorite 25 children tomorrow!
- Special: Art + Library
- Weekly Reading Log sent home
- Special: Music
- Logophiles 3 Progress Check
- Special: Technology
- Logophiles 3 New Sort
- Early Release @ 2:55pm
- Special: PE
- Logophiles 1 Progress Check
- Special: Art
- Weekly Reading Log due
- Logophiles 1 New Sort
- How can knowing the 6 syllable patterns help me grow as a reader and writer?
Reading - Characters Go On Journeys: The Sequel
- What ways are story elements the same and different in series?
- How do I keep track of thoughts and ideas during reading?
- What are my responsibilities to the book club?
- How can my book club members deepen my understanding?
- How can I learn more about a topic I discover while reading?
- How do plants and animals change during a life cycle?
- How are plants and animals dependent upon each other?
- How do features of animals and plants relate to their life cycle?
- How do plants and animals adapt?
- What is the value of a nickel, dime, quarter?
- What is decimal notation?
- How does place value determine a number’s value?
- Why is place value important in addition/subtraction?
- What is estimation? Why does it help with money exchanges?
- How can “counting up” help when making change?
Writing Workshop - Writers Tell Stories
- How do writers create interesting characters?
- How do writers help the reader to visualize?
- How do writers build suspense?
- How do writers develop the story in a logical order?
- How does a writer establish their style of writing?
- How does a writer write a good ending that leaves an impression on the reader?
- How do writers support their writing with illustrations?
- How do we use writer’s craft to make our story powerful?
Parent & Student Resources
- NWEA's Resources for Parents
- Noblesville's NWEA Resources for Parents
- Reading Comprehension Question Prompts
- Everyday Mathematics Resources for Parents
- Hazel Dell Cafeteria Menu
- Instagram: Request to follow @mrskellysimon
- Remind: To subscribe, text @7b47d4 to 81010.