Guadalupe Home & School Club
February Digital Newsletter
Happy February Everyone!
We hope you are enjoying this fun ski break! Below you will find upcoming news & events to add to your calendars. You can also always access this information on the GHSC website in case you forget: www.ghsc.net
Don't Miss the Deadline!
Reminder from the GHSC Treasurer:
Check requests for any purchases made on or before 1/31/17 must be submitted with both requestor and 2nd signature/approver in the GHSC Treasurer mailbox by Tuesday, 2/28/17. All check requests must have a 2nd signature based on the following:
• Classroom party/celebration expense - your teacher is the 2nd signature
• Teacher requesting reimbursement for any classroom, grade level, or field trip expenses -
the principal is the 2nd signature
• Event or Program expense - the event chair or lead is the 2nd signature
Please contact the treasurer with any questions regarding check requests - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to get involved and volunteer a bit at Guadalupe? GREAT! We need your help!
Here are some upcoming events that need your help:
- After School Movie - March 10th // Sign-Up HERE
- Spring Book Fair - March 13- 17th // Sign-Up HERE
- Walkathon - April 14th // Stay tuned for an upcoming informational meeting and volunteer opportunities. This year's Walkathon will be rocking! Email email@example.com if you would like to participate.
Kid Approved Buy-In Spots Still Available
Spots still available for:
- AFTER SCHOOL SHOW featuring Movie Special Effects on 2/27/17 - 2:45PM - 4:00PM in the multipurpose room - $5 per student // Register HERE
- Guadalupe LEGO COMPETITION on 3/11/17 - 9:30AM - 11:30AM (any ages welcome) - $20 per player // Register HERE
- LASER TAG w/ DAD on 3/4/17 - 10:00AM - 12:00PM - $35 per player // Register HERE
- BASKETBALL CLINIC with Leigh High School Players Coming April 2017 after school at Guadalupe (Date TBA) - $20 per student // Register HERE
Spots for these events are selling up fast, be sure to grab your spot right away by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or online through the Guadalupe My School Anywhere store.
Parents Only Buy-In Spots Still Available
Need a night away from the kids AND want to help raise money for Guadalupe? Then mark your calendars and buy-in to one of two great Parents Only Parties of the year.
Spots still available for:
- ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY on 3/18/17 at 5:00PM to 9:00PM - $40 per person // Register HERE
- BIG FAT GREEK PARTY on 4/22/17 at 5:00PM to 9:00PM - $30 per person // Register HERE
The GHSC & Yearbook Committee would like to say thank you to every student who submitted artwork for the yearbook cover contest. We knew we had talented kids at Guadalupe but WOW! The creativity and use of Guadalupe ROARS was amazing. We are so proud of each and every one of you!
Our winning artist is Lorelei In Mr. Dixon's 4th-grade classroom!
Her artwork will be featured on the cover of our yearbook this year! Again, congratulations and thank you to all of our amazing Guadalupe artists.
If you have not ordered your yearbook yet, there is still time.
1. Go to betteryearbook.com and click on Parents & Students.
2. Sign with (guadalupe) as your username and (grizzly) as your password.
3. Once you are logged, follow the instructions on the page to order your yearbook.
Orders must be placed by 4/17/17.
GHSC News & Updates Window
Make sure to stop by when you are on campus and stay up to date!
Buy-In Party Fun
Having fun at the Sushi Making buy-in party!
Kaydence (4th Grade) showing her kindness on National Random Acts of Kindness Day by picking up litter all around the Guadalupe campus.
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Thank you to the Brown Family for hosting a Sushi Making Class and to their helpers Izumi Thompson, Rieko Noland, Ikuko Dellinger.
Thank you to the Montoya Family for hosting their delicious Game Dinner.
Thank you to the Escape to India Party ladies - Sujana Desai, Anjali Hattarki, Rachana Parmar and Susan Smith for hosting their fabulous Samosa Making Party.
A thank you to the Wellman Family for opening their home to several students to host a Valentines Day Party.
Are you interested in getting some friends together and hosting a Buy-In Event to help raise money for our Guadalupe students? We are looking for hosts for the next school year (2017/18). If you are interested or have any questions, please email email@example.com and we will help you bring your great idea for fundraiser/buy-in to life.