The Wolf Weekly
NRHS Principal's Newsletter
Newsletter Week of February 13, 2022
We are one week away from February vacation with a very busy week of athletics as we head into tournament play. Come on out and cheer on our Nashoba Wolves!
Some announcements for this week:
- Reminder to students and staff who signed up to receive the At Home COVID-19 rapid test kits that Sunday is the day to administer the test. Please DO NOT administer the test if you have tested positive for COVID in the last 90 days as this could lead to a false positive. Report any positive result to the school nurse. If you have not signed up and would like to the link is below.
Also, DESE sent schools two different kinds of tests. Below are instructions for both:
You may have test 1 or test set 2 in the package. Please follow proper steps based on the specific set you received.
Test Set 1: Open the package, take out the COVID-19 Test Card in Pouch, the Tube pre-filled with the extraction solution and the swab. When you are ready to proceed with the test, open the foil pouch of the COVID-19 Test care.
Test Set 2: Open the package, take out the COVID-19 Test Card in pouch, empty tube, sealed solution and the swab. When you are ready to proceed with the test, open the foil pouch of the COVID -19 Test card.
COVID-19 Testing Programs in our Schools:
- To receive your free at-home antigen test kit please click this link and complete the Opt In Form. Please complete a separate form for each child.
- Routine COVID Safety Checks every week and Symptomatic Testing - if you have not signed up click here: consent
- Week of Feb. 14th -staff AND student kits will be delivered
- Feb. vacation no deliveries
- Week of Feb. 28th - staff and student kits will be delivered
Have a great week Nashoba Happy Valentines Day and Stay Healthy!
Dr. Kathleen Boynton, principal
This semester, all 10th graders will take the ELA, Mathematics, and STE MCAS exams required for graduation. Students will take the computer-based “Next-Generation” tests during the regular school day, according to the state’s testing schedule.
The exams start at the beginning of the school day, with three periods scheduled for the testing window for each session. However, the exams are untimed. If students do not finish the exam within the testing window they will relocate to the Media Center to finish. Exams must be completed by the end of the school day.
Students must take the exam via the “Test Nav” software on their NRSD chromebooks. Students are unable to use their own devices to take MCAS exams. Students will be introduced to the “Test Nav” software, test format, and sample questions in their content classes. Students can also prepare for the computer-based tests through practice tests offered by DESE’s MCAS Resource Center.
This year, the MCAS administrations will take place as follows:
NRHS Winter Track
Nashoba Boys Indoor Track and Field team had a first place finish in the Midwatch B League Championship on Saturday, Feb 5, winning all their running events, two of three relays, and the high jump. The girls' indoor track team also enjoyed an impressive day, finishing in 2nd place (their highest finish in the league since 2017)! The teams return to Boston at the Reggie Lewis Center this Saturday for one last MSTCA meet to improve their seed times in preparation for the MIAA D3 Championship on Wednesday, February 16, also at the Reggie Lewis track.